Thread: reaction to chiropractic adjustment

Default reaction to chiropractic adjustment

Hoping someone can answer quickly.
    I took 7mo DD to a chiropractor this afternoon (first experience for both of us) for assessment post tongue tie revision 2 weeks ago. DD was pretty upset during the physical assessment and whatever adjustments were done, but she was already overtired and sick with a cold. She slept on the way home, breastfed okay, and eventually went to bed. She has woken 40 minutes later with distress escalating to *utterly inconsolable* It's almost like she just needs to shake or wriggle or bounce or crawl or something.
    Has anyone heard of a baby reacting to adjustments in this - or any - way?

If it was me I would be getting her checked over by a dr, we took ds to see one and he would have a poo and fall asleep afterwards. The adjustments were very gentle and the was never any crying or anything like you are describing.

A trip to the dr should put your mind at ease xo
    Last edited by onthefly; October 4th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

I had both my boys checked over and adjusted a little by my chiro (who has experience with babies) and there was basically no reaction afterwards at all - which is what I would expect.

The one that's been in the papers is a strange story, and I've actually heard that the chiropractor identified (rather than caused) the injury, so I am waiting to see whether there's a retraction or correction published ... will have to wait and see.

If you are concerned however, then absolutely get her seen by a doctor. That goes without saying.

Yes, I was told, and do believe, that there should be no adverse reaction to anything that was done yesterday, being more of an assessment than anything else.
    Think I might have overanalysed the situation. Pure coincidence. She woke up with a temperature 4 hours later that responded well to Panadol and cold washers.
    Please excuse the new mum madness.
    And thanks for your replies. xxx.

Peanutter - the story in the paper was untrue.

Hope bubs is ok, poor thing might have been comming down with something before

Thanks for the update, Dansta.

And don't worry, Spice - we've all been there I hope she's feeling much better very soon.