Thread: What am I lacking in?

Default What am I lacking in?

Whenever I am pregnant I seem to get eczema. Normally it is just around my mouth, well last pregnancy it was(I have never had eczema before being pregnant). This time I have it around my mouth again, but I also have an insanely itchy lower spine, underside and sides of my breasts and I just found a tiny patch of it on my forearm.

I'm assuming its either hormone related, or I lack something in pregnancy. I've been googling a bit and it says being low in zinc may be the cause. Does anyone else know more? Is there something else I could be lacking?

What makes me think its something I am deficient in is that this time it's a lot worse than with dd, and this time I am still breastfeeding too.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

If you need more information or symptoms feel free to ask

My eczema always flared up while I was pregnant too. I have no idea why, neither did my dr at the time. It died down after i had my babies. I guess it was hormonal

I suffer from sensitive skin and am very prone to eczema. I've found it's worse at the moment because we're in the middle of winter and my skin is naturally drier. I find when I moisturise more thoroughly it tends to die down after a few days.

Coincidentally, it has been worse this and my last pg, but I was pg at exactly the same time of year and stretching heaps over winter.

I have been dealing with the same thing this pregnancy, it's almost unbearable some days! I've found that if I bathe daily in a lovely pregnancy skin oil I found it really helps reduce the itching and rash.

Yep, I get eczema too and it's always worse this time of year. Haven't noticed a flare up while I'm pregnant though....stress can make it worse. If it's around your mouth it could be something you ate. I read something a while ago linking where the eczema is to a probable cause. Can't remember the article though, sorry. Use lots of moisturiser and make sure showers/baths aren't too warm (a bath with an oat filled stocking tied to the tap while its running can help soothe though). Avoid make up and scrubbing your face.
    HTH

Selenium deficiency? Are you getting dandruff-like dry skin on your scalp too?
    Selenium is in most good multi-vitamins.