View Poll Results: BB Poll: Who Are You Voting For?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Labor

31 42.47%
  • Liberal

11 15.07%
  • Greens

24 32.88%
  • Katter

0 0%
  • Palmer

2 2.74%
  • Family First

0 0%
  • Wikileaks

0 0%
  • Other

4 5.48%
  • Undecided

1 1.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB Election Poll! Who Are You Voting For?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default BB Election Poll! Who Are You Voting For?

Lets have our own poll! Who are you voting for tomorrow?

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Well that looks good so far

ALP house of reps, Greens Senate

I usually vote green but will be voting labour tomorrow in hopes it helps keep Abbott out.... I am desperate!!

Same as Rooey. ALP house of Reps, Greens senate.

Tanya, you can still vote Green and then put labour as your 2nd preference... You just need to put Liberal last.

Will that work C?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Will that work C?
    yes hun, HERE'S A LINK to the Greens website where it clearly talks about your power of preferencing in non political mubo jumbo

I think that's fine as long as you're not in a really marginal seat (ALP/LNP). If you are in a really marginal seat it's better to give Labor your first preference, otherwise go Greens!

Rooey5 that's not really the case, you can still vote Green and choose Liberal or Labor as 2nd. If people don't vote Green 1st then there is never hope that the Greens will be in Government instead of Labor or Liberal. Australians always complain that both parties suck but if you don't vote for someone else as #1 then things will never change.

This is a reply from the Greens on their facebook page when asked who the Greens Preference.

you control your own preferences. Voting Green gets you great Greens MPs and Senators, but if your Green candidate doesn't finish in the final count - your vote flows at full value to the other candidate that you prefer.

In the House, you can number every box in whatever order you prefer, and that's how your vote will flow. This means you can vote Green and know that your vote will elect your preferred MP from the two final contenders, even if a Green isn't one of them. 'How to vote cards' are advice from parties; you don't need to follow them if you don't agree with them.

In the Senate, if you vote 1 Greens above the line your preferences flow according to the list we need to lodge in order for your vote to count. You can see them all here: 2013 federal election candidates - Australian Electoral Commission. If you don't agree with that allocation, you can still vote Green, by numbering all the candidates below the line starting with the Greens candidates. That way, you have total control over your vote.

Hope that's useful!

I'm super impressed by the Green's transparency this election and by their effort to answer questions posed to them via social media.
    Even if you don't agree with their policies I think they have set an example that all the other parties would do well to follow - fully costed policies available for the entire campaign v's no costings until the media blackout and policies announced 24 hours out form the election.

Labour!! I am scared of the alternative!

Labor for sure... Can't see them winning but I'm holding hope

Fair enough C, definitely still learning to navigate politics Feel fairly clueless sometimes

Liberal

Did postal vote as on holiday - voted Green on both cards. Kind of disappointed didn't go to a booth to experience first Australia election - all these cake stalls and sausage sizzles are news to me UK elections have less fanfare and polls are on a weekday.

If only this was a true representation of all Aussies : looks good

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    Did postal vote as on holiday - voted Green on both cards. Kind of disappointed didn't go to a booth to experience first Australia election - all these cake stalls and sausage sizzles are news to me UK elections have less fanfare and polls are on a weekday.
    Oh no. The sausages and cakes are the best part of election day. I love the election day vibe. I went twice today. Once to vote then later to but a sausage for lunch.

Eta - did anyone encounter a line holder for charity. It's a new one for me. Kid stands in line for you while you buy cakes, eat sausages, discuss how to vote cards, scratch your bum and then you give them a donation for holding your spot. Love it
    Last edited by Phteven; September 7th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast