Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOhh, I just got a txt from the Vic Police - Fire Warning!

I'm nearish the foot of Mt Dandy? DH said it was only to Telstra and Optus (we're with 3) - so yeah, my house might get burned to a crisp but at least I have a cheap phone bill! Suckersssssssss.

PMSL Nelle (I shouldn't be laughing... where is the confused and contorted facial expression). I would quite honestly complain... thats ridiculous.

Rain, thank goodness. I just mentioned to Luce that I hoped you had gone. They had given an evacuation warning to some people in sassafras... basically told them if their fire plan was to flee, they should leave tonight as it might be too late if it does hit with the winds.
    Last edited by Rouge; March 2nd, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

on 3, didn't get one, but I DID get a heads up from region HQ that I would get one...so I waited in vain for just another beep to complete my already beep-ful day...more beeps to come, courtesy of my bloody pager!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yup I got one too. Great idea.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Yep that must be it. Dh and I are with 3 and thats why we didnt get it. Very irresponsible of them

Just got our 3 messages. More bloody beeps and pings! I think everyone at uni tomorrow is going to lynch me by midday with all the alerts I'll get about powerlines down...cos hopefully, that's all it will be...

Mine just came through. I wondered if we were missing out because 3 sides of us are already burnt, but it must have just been late because i am with 3.

Just got ours now too. 3 must have been lazy!

telstra started it and I forwarded mine to a heap of people, saw you Nelle but got confused with Ange. Doh. Sorry.

Initially sent to 2m mobiles, and latest news is that its out to 5m mobiles

Just wait until the community warning system starts, then people will be getting personalised phone calls to their PSTN and also msgs to their mobiles

I wonder if you can claim 'pager fatigue' to get out of it?? I think it's a great idea for non-firefighters, though

I got mine this afternoon, happened to be on the phone to MIL in Tas and she got one about 15 minutes after mine.

DD wont be going to her grandparents tomorrow as usual, they live in montrose and had a fire across the rd from them just last week

DS is off to Mentone tomorrow morning and I'm back here working from home. There's an uncleared block next to my house that I worry about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12