Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Flight 370 conspiracy theory?

Default Re: What's your Flight 370 conspiracy theory?

I am thinking that they just had some sort of mechanical/electrical failure and dropped off radar and then had to fly really low for quite awhile to desperately keep the plane in the air. from what i read this morning that seems to be sort of backed up in that they were flying lower on the last military radar transmission.

I really feel for the families and friends left behind and it just makes you feel so sad to think that it probably didnt go down all that quickly. And of course we know that there were infants on board, but there also would of been children...as a parent it really hits home how intense it must of been for them all.

Yeah. Pony show. With wings.

I want to believe that they landed safely and are awaiting rescue.

Second choice is that it was a massive explosion and an instant, painless death.

Pretty sad that those are the best two outcomes :/

News is now reporting that officials believe the communications were manually switched off, which brings me to believe it's been stolen... Hopefully landed but not likely

I was talking about this yesterday at school pick up with another Mum. It's fascinating and scary to think a whole plane can just disappear.

We were discussing that perhaps the plane has been hijacked and taken to a country where sooner or later, ransom requests will be made for the safe return of the passengers.

Pretty far fetched I know, the other theory is the same as Wysiwigs (methane bubbles)

Default What's your Flight 370 conspiracy theory?

The kidnapping theory is a very interesting one. Especially when you look at how far away Beijing is, and then draw a circle with the same size radius and look at the countries that are inside of that circle (as places that would use a similar amount of fuel to get to). Very interesting.

ETA
    But I also feel very frustrated as I'm certain there must be other (possibly much further away) countries with accurate (but secret) radar & satellite data who can't share it because (*ahem*) that would be admitting they are watching parts of the world that are none of their business. (A bit like China made a huge show of "announcing" that they were "deploying" satellites several days after the disappearance, like there was some big red switch that had to be turned on, & then nearly immediately reported something of interest). Tragic that the lives of a couple of hundred people could be hanging in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    The kidnapping theory is a very interesting one. Especially when you look at how far away Beijing is, and then draw a circle with the same size radius and look at the countries that are inside of that circle (as places that would use a similar amount of fuel to get to). Very interesting.
    I was thinking the same when I read this earlier, but had an appointment we had to get to..

With knowing how corrupt some of the officials are in some of those countries, it wouldn't be too surprising.. (I am talking about some personal dealings with some customs officials in some of these nations through work).

OK, so latest is that Malaysia PM has held a press release indicating they have looked at "more sensitive data" (ie, musta been someone else's) and have confirmed the plane's movements are consistent with someone on board taking deliberate action. ie, pointing more & more toward criminal activity.

Its scary that they have lost a whole plane. Scarier still they cant work together to find it or its remains... How these officals cant just join the dots already

So everything I'm reading/seeing/hearing now pretty much says hijacking is confirmed, unless the pilot had something to do with it - they're looking into his political background or something.

They're saying the flight communications were switched off within half an hour after take off, and they actually had contact with the plane, or it turned up on a radar or something, at 8:11am - seven hours after originally thought.

I actually 'like' the kidnapping/hijacking idea because then they're alive. I hope they're all being treated ok.

ERMA. GERD.

In breaking news, someone in the ****pit was heard casually saying "all right, good night" AFTER the comms tracking systems were disabled.

Flippin' flip. This just makes my blood boil, all this data must have been available from the time the plane disappeared - why has it taken this long for this info to be shared? A whole week of searching time has been wasted because some bozo(s) couldn't or wouldn't connect the dots any earlier.

My fear now (because it's gone well beyond the conspiracy theory zone) is that attempts were made to hijack it for terrorist purposes, and that someone on board (ie pilot, copilot) went through the motions of appearing to cooperate but flew as far out into the ocean as possible to take the plane out, Flight 73-style, to prevent a much greater tragedy elsewhere.

Wow, this is all just crazy! I really hope the poor families affected get some sort of closure, one way or another, soon.

What the hell? I don't see that as an inability to connect any dots, because surely they've had info like that all along? More and more I'm thinking it's that the officials, government, whoever thought "Oh ****. This is not good. What the heck do we tell people? Um, we lost it. That'll do, we know nothing." And then we get drip-fed more and more info that I can't really believe is only just coming to light.

DH and I have said all along that the officials know/knew more than what was being broadcasted. my heart hurts for the families of the passengers on the plane, who've been left in limbo all this time

It wouldn't surprise me if a government had a hand in it somewhere and for sure know more than they are letting on. It would be interesting to see who was on the plane and what occupation, knowledge, research, evidence etc etc they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    ERMA. GERD.

In breaking news, someone in the ****pit was heard casually saying "all right, good night" AFTER the comms tracking systems were disabled.

Flippin' flip. This just makes my blood boil, all this data must have been available from the time the plane disappeared - why has it taken this long for this info to be shared? A whole week of searching time has been wasted because some bozo(s) couldn't or wouldn't connect the dots any earlier.

My fear now (because it's gone well beyond the conspiracy theory zone) is that attempts were made to hijack it for terrorist purposes, and that someone on board (ie pilot, copilot) went through the motions of appearing to cooperate but flew as far out into the ocean as possible to take the plane out, Flight 73-style, to prevent a much greater tragedy elsewhere.
    The 'alright goodnight' comment was discussed last week on one news program that I saw. It was written off as the pilot saying goodnight to the one airtraffic control as the plane was handed over to the next.....

They're concerned with the casual nature of the comment though, and the fact that it came after the communication/tracking controls or whatever it is was turned off. The pilot wad supposed to sign off properly, citing the plane's call sign and instructions for contacting the next tower. So they're going to analyse his voice for stress to see if they had been taken over prior to this and maybe he did it 'wrong' to alert them that something wasn't right.

That's what I took from the article anyway.

My theory is that another country has shot it down. A low flying, non responsive commercial plane in airspace it shouldn't be in? It would scream danger. I agree that the government knows more than they'll release but it's coming across really messy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast