Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Flight 370 conspiracy theory?

Default Re: What's your Flight 370 conspiracy theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Teeki View Post
    They're concerned with the casual nature of the comment though, and the fact that it came after the communication/tracking controls or whatever it is was turned off. The pilot wad supposed to sign off properly, citing the plane's call sign and instructions for contacting the next tower. So they're going to analyse his voice for stress to see if they had been taken over prior to this and maybe he did it 'wrong' to alert them that something wasn't right.

That's what I took from the article anyway.
    Ah yes, sorry I wasn't discounting that it was probably a strange comment, more that MD was saying how could they not have shared the info before now, it was at least mid last week I heard it mentioned.

Ah I get you I still think they probably know a lot more than they are letting on.

I think there would be a while lot of information being withheld for now. They could be alive and already be negotiating for their release and the governments may not want to reveal that for now. However, the logical me says no, the passengers were killed after hours of emotional terror by the pilot who commuted suicide.

My guess is that the pilot was the one responsible for the change in course (that's why he had a simulator at home, to practice the radar evasive flight paths) and the muffled sounds on the radio from the Japanese bound plane 30 mins ahead may have come from a restrained co-pilot. The Pilot, upset by the actions of his family (they moved out the day before) snaps mentally, compounded by his sadness due to his political dissolution.

Engine data suggested that the altitude changed frequently to avoid radar so passengers & crew may have known something was up, maybe even began to start switching their phones on to reach family.

The plane eventually crashes 8 hours later (according to data the plane flew on) on land, where phones that survive the crash and were already switched on finally get a signal and ring, but ring out, which is what families said (I don't believe that excuse from tech people at all).

We'll find notes saved into people's phones about what happened. But sadly they all died now it's just a matter of where the plane is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeki View Post
    What the hell? I don't see that as an inability to connect any dots, because surely they've had info like that all along? More and more I'm thinking it's that the officials, government, whoever thought "Oh ****. This is not good. What the heck do we tell people? Um, we lost it. That'll do, we know nothing." And then we get drip-fed more and more info that I can't really believe is only just coming to light.
    I too think it's a case of some of the less er... "flattering" info being suppressed, probably by different parties (bearing in mind there are civilian organisations, military, and governments involved across several countries in the region). BUT - someone in Malaysia was getting info from all those sources but fluffed it when it came to drawing conclusions about the several ways in which those chunks of info fit together into a bigger picture. Had those various scenarios been properly communicated, the search could have been widened much earlier.

And that's it really, has the search been completely stuffed because everyone was looking in the obvious spot, along the original flight path, and then it wasn't until much later that it was widened due to 'new' info. If this was all communicated correctly, immediately, would there have been a better chance of the plane being found by now?

I think quite probably yes. Of course, until the plane OR more evidence is located, no one will know. There was a critical period of about 8 hours after the plane first 'disappeared' when there was a window of opportunity to change the outcome. And more eyes pointed in the right direction might have altered the chance of survival for a lot of people, at least for the first few days. Our PM was on the telly tonight announcing a number of additional RAAF planes are being deployed to search the areas adjacent to Australian waters. But it's a bloody big ocean, and I can't help thinking that IF the plane ran out of fuel and went down somewhere out there, there might have been survivors bobbing around in life rafts 2,3 or 4 days later. Now, not so much. Now, they're looking for wreckage.

And that's the thing - for families waiting for news - not knowing is the absolute worst. Even finding the wreckage would let them start grieving. Plus, the search will cost millions more now that it involves such a huge area. And the other horrible reality is the nasty national security implications - are there 200+ hostages being held somewhere? Do the bad guys now have a Boeing 777 stashed somewhere, ready to fly it into the middle of a crowded city?

Please, for those families, please let them have found something

The theory written by a pilot about an electrical fire, and the pilot turning towards the longest runway that he could reach, has made the most sense to me so far. He talks about how much fuel he would have had, explains the altitude differences, radar stuff, communications etc. I would copy and paste it but I can't find it!

I just really hope they're found soon and these families can have some closure. It seems as though it was initially thought that there's no doubt it's crashed. Most likely the thought was that there'd be no survivors, but then all this other stuff came out slowly and I think those poor families would have had their hopes raised and crushed a few times by now.

What's the deal now with the two oil slicks they found in the ocean where they first thought the crash was? Were they nothing in the end or from something else?

I thought the oil slicks were from a cargo ship, I'm pretty sure i remember reading that.

They tested the oil from the slicks and found it to be consistent with ships.

I saw that blog post too, made a lot of sense. But other theories have made sense too. I suspect we'll never know.

It took several years to find out about the Air France cause being ice particles even after discovering the wreckage.

What on earth would it have been doing south west of us? That's a really long way off course and not consistent with the last radar images, but I guess if they turned around after that and travelled hours in our direction, it's possible. Really hope they find something.

The reports are saying that if it is out of Perth, it's consistent with something happening to the pilots and the plane flying on auto until it ran out of fuel.

The blog post by the pilot was saying that if there was a fire, the pilot would have changed course, the fire would have turned off the equipment and flying to 45,000 feet would have reduced the oxygen for the fire. But if they couldn't get it out, they only had limited time for their own oxygen supply even with the masks.

I read that the black box records conversations in the ****pit but it rewrites itself every two hours. So if the pilots have been unconscious/died and the plane flew on, chances are the black box will be silent

Quote Originally Posted by Miss.September View Post
    The reports are saying that if it is out of Perth, it's consistent with something happening to the pilots and the plane flying on auto until it ran out of fuel.
    I have been hearing that if this is the plane, it's possible that there was a compression leak which caused the pilots, passengers and crew to pass out then the plane flew until it ran out of fuel. They are saying that if this is the case, everyone on board would have been dead before the plane crashed.

Obviously the best possible outcome is that the plane has landed somewhere remote and unknown and there are survivors... I highly doubt this had happened though.

If they have crashed, I really hope Tinks' theory is correct and the passengers and crew passed out before crashing. I would much prefer to think that they simply fell asleep and didn't suffer the sheer terror of knowing they were going to crash and not survive.

Quote Originally Posted by ausgirl View Post
    What on earth would it have been doing south west of us?
    We need to remember that the ocean is a dynamic place, and many days have passed since the plane was flying, so if these bits turn out to be wreckage, they may already be far from the place the plane crashed. One of the very first things the RAAF did was fly out there and chuck marker buoys into the water so they can start tracking how the water is moving around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    Obviously the best possible outcome is that the plane has landed somewhere remote and unknown and there are survivors... I highly doubt this had happened though.

If they have crashed, I really hope Tinks' theory is correct and the passengers and crew passed out before crashing. I would much prefer to think that they simply fell asleep and didn't suffer the sheer terror of knowing they were going to crash and not survive.
    My thoughts exactly. I really hope there was no suffering, it can be awful to think of what everyone on board may have been through.

I don't like that there's this seemingly obvious theory, in which the pilot did his best and just couldn't save it, but there are slanderous stories or there questioning him and his political preferences to try to blame him and say he's kidnapped everyone. That would be horrible for his family.

Is this the one Teeki?
    A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet | Autopia | Wired.com

This would be the best theory I read. I liked it because it had no sinister claims in it.

I was thinking that perhaps it was hijacked and is somewhere like North Korea, a place who would not say they had the plane. That they have done all their Nuc/missile testing and now they are concentrating on other areas. If they are there I don't see a good outcome for them either. But could you imagine in 10 ears time all these people been released on day.

The ocean is huge and very very deep, I think the how can they lose a whole plain is an easy question to answer when you think of it. The harder question to answer obviously is how can you find a whole (if it is infact still whole) plane in such a vast area?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast