Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 weeks 6 days what to expect

Default 24 weeks 6 days what to expect

I had my son now what do I expect. Have been told will be on roller coaster but what is the long term. We know he has a bleed to the brain needs oxygen and low bp but all I get is the doom and gloom any one been there? Did you get to take your baby home if not how Did you decided to stop pm me if that's easier please any one

Default Re: 24 weeks 6 days what to expect

Oh Hun! You must be going through hell right now!

I don't know much about having a prem baby personally but a friend of mine had 2 around the same age as yours. It was a long, hard journey but she took both hers home. They have autism and asthma bad but they are active little kids.

What are the doctors telling you? Is your DH there with you?

I am sorry you are going through all this.

I don't have first-hand experience, I'm sorry, but my niece was born at 24+2. Was smaller than a biro. And it was a long battle for them all, but they took her home. She is now 7 and on the smaller end of normal, but otherwise perfectly fine. She has no issues with sight, or any learning difficulties they have discovered. They did have moments where things were touch and go, some quite serious, but you wouldn't know it now to see her.

I hope everything works out for your and your family. xx

My nephew was born at 24+6 and is now 5 years old. He was in NICU for a long time and did not leave hospital until after his actual due date (over 100 days). They had many ups and downs during his hospital stay. He is a wonderful little boy. He does have mild CP and some learning difficulties such as Dyspraxia. He is such a fighter and we are all so proud of him.

Wishing you the best of luck with your little guy x

I personally was born at 24 weeks. Had 2 intracerebal heamorrhages. NEC and hyaline membrane disease(respitary distress syndrome) and septicaemia. Im now 25 and having my own little one. If you want to ask me anything message me anytime. Im praying your little one stays strong. Huge hugs and love to you all. Rach xxx

big hugs. having a premmie is hard no matter what gestation they were born xx

I cant help with a 24 weeker but I can suggest maybe trying lil aussie prems site and asking on there too. it has a forum dedicated to families of premmies. they may also be able to help you with any questions.

xxx

I have no useful advice, but I just wanted to offer you a huge

My thoughts are with you and your little guy, praying that he keeps fighting xxx

I just want to send you some hugs and strength too

Congratulations on the birth of your Son!

My Son was born at 25+1 weeks. Yes the journey can be described as a rollercoaster. One step forwards, two steps back. We spent 106 days in hospital and on oxygen for 100 of those 106 days.

The first week was uneventful. Weeks 2-8 were the hardest of my life. It wasn't until he was 3 weeks old that we had our first cuddles then, not for another week after that. He was 49 days old before Hubby got his first cuddles.

The Drs will always give you the worst case scenario. I still can't believe that he made it through....collapsed lungs, intubated 3 times, sepsis, late onset GSB (twice) the list goes on. With all he went through he is now a happy & healthy 4.5yr old. He is still a featherweight at 13kgs and his development has been a little behind but we are luck to have no ongoing heath issues.

Take everything an hour at a time, you will amazed how quickly things can change. Keep a diary, write down everything. Spend as much time as you can with your little and if you are, express, express, express. Just remember...you are your child's advocate! If you feel that something is not quite right, let you voice be heard!

Sending healing, strength and growing vibes.
    Please PM me if you would like more specifics.

Little Jake is still with us. But the doctors are showing concern as scans are showing his brain has slowed down in growth. They don't know why and I can not find any information on this or anyone who has been through this. The second doctor has told me he most likely has a disability but she doesn't know to what extent. The first doctor is recommending we turn off as he will have no quality of life. If he can stay on CPAP then he has a chance. His on day 6 but to me he looks like he is starting to struggle. I'm scared if he goes back on ventilator I don't think he will get off and we will end up losing him.
    I'm scared

Sending you much love. xxx

Sending you love, support and strength

Big Hugs hun! My DD was born at 32 weeks and now is 3, which is a big difference but I do know what that roller coast ride feels like. Just remember that any decision is only yours to make don't feel pressured into anything after all you are Jake's mummy you will know what feels right and wrong. But I also know how it feels to be pressured by doctors and almost feel like your put in a corner but stand up for your son you are the only one that can. Best of luck sending you lots if strength. x

Oh hun, I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. I don't have any wise words, but just know I'm thinking of you and your little Jake

Plagued, I can't imagine how tough this must be - facing unthinkable decisions for little Jake. All you can do is focus on loving him, and make those decisions from a place of love. Love for him and for yourself too, no matter what you decide.

Thinking of you Plagued. Please check in and let us know how Jake is doing

Jakes upto his fourth attempt at CPAP and third dose of steroids. He has 2 hernias and ROP grade 2 which I have just been told will require surgery sooner rather then later. They are concerned about his size (his 1.2kgs) his now 34 plus 2 and 66 days old.
    It's a constant knife edge and at the moment it's his lungs that are the thing that's holding him back. If he could just breath even on CPAP it would be a huge step, I don't know how I will cope if the move him back to ventilation.

Plagued, you must be beside yourself... I don't have much advice sorry but wanted to send much love your way xx

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast