Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Premmie Mums #9

Aww thanks Chrispe.. i hope her little girls have a smooth ride and both come home with their family.. How very scary for them now..

*Sigh*

Having a 'guilty' day today. I'm so sick of Hannah being 'different'. Playgroup has really helped her come out of her shell (as much as a 1yo can have a shell), but it's the mother's constant reminding their kids "Don't feed Hannah!" "Remember not to offer Hannah food." "Hannah can't have food, she's sick".
    I mean, if it's such a big deal that Hannah is there and your kids can't share their Shapes, Twisties, Chips, etc, bring healthier food. Hannah can eat fruit! ....sometimes. Depending on how much natural sugar she's had in the previous 3 days. I don't expect parents to accommodate Hannah's illness, but I hate having to watch her like a hawk at snacktime. And then I have to be a cow and take food off her if a kid gives her something.
    There's kids with their chocolate muffins/hundreds&thousand bikkies. There's Hannah with a few dates/plain biscuit.

I got told the other day that I shouldn't treat DS any differently to any other kid. I blasted them. "What the hell am I supposed to do? Here DS, here's a bag of lollies. Here Hannah, here's some carrot sticks!?"

Gah. I'm so frustrated.
    I don't like kids eating junk anyway, but sometimes I *love* to give Hannah a biscuit with cream filling. Some ice-cream or jelly as a treat. But, I know if I do that I'll be up with a child, screaming for hours as her bowel and stomach swell up. Going into overdrive as they desperately try to rid her body of the sugars.
    Timing how long it's taking for her body to start 'de-sugaring'. Constantly checking her stomach to make sure it's not swelling up too much. Making sure you still have her surgeons number in your mobile. It's a nightmare.

I love her so much and I'm so grateful to have to her. But gastroschisis sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte91 View Post
    *Sigh*

Having a 'guilty' day today. I'm so sick of Hannah being 'different'. Playgroup has really helped her come out of her shell (as much as a 1yo can have a shell), but it's the mother's constant reminding their kids "Don't feed Hannah!" "Remember not to offer Hannah food." "Hannah can't have food, she's sick".
    I mean, if it's such a big deal that Hannah is there and your kids can't share their Shapes, Twisties, Chips, etc, bring healthier food. Hannah can eat fruit! ....sometimes. Depending on how much natural sugar she's had in the previous 3 days. I don't expect parents to accommodate Hannah's illness, but I hate having to watch her like a hawk at snacktime. And then I have to be a cow and take food off her if a kid gives her something.
    There's kids with their chocolate muffins/hundreds&thousand bikkies. There's Hannah with a few dates/plain biscuit.

I got told the other day that I shouldn't treat DS any differently to any other kid. I blasted them. "What the hell am I supposed to do? Here DS, here's a bag of lollies. Here Hannah, here's some carrot sticks!?"

Gah. I'm so frustrated.
    I don't like kids eating junk anyway, but sometimes I *love* to give Hannah a biscuit with cream filling. Some ice-cream or jelly as a treat. But, I know if I do that I'll be up with a child, screaming for hours as her bowel and stomach swell up. Going into overdrive as they desperately try to rid her body of the sugars.
    Timing how long it's taking for her body to start 'de-sugaring'. Constantly checking her stomach to make sure it's not swelling up too much. Making sure you still have her surgeons number in your mobile. It's a nightmare.

I love her so much and I'm so grateful to have to her. But gastroschisis sucks..
    *Hugs*

So sorry to hear that your mums group aren't being as supportive as you would hope.

If it makes you feel any better I know of 'term' kids who's mums have had to watch their diet because of health stuff (severe reflux, lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance to name a few) hey I've made it a rule for each of my kids 'no junk food for the first 12 months minimum' (including fast food)

You should see some people's faces when I tell DS1 he can only drink water or a little bit of juice at parties (no fizzy, definitely no coke) as once he is given an inch he will take a mile
    (and seeing as he has ASD if he gets used to having something he wants it all the time, so it's easier in the long run to just not give it to him)

Here's a plus to healthy restricted diet- when all the other mums are going to whinging about how much their kids dentist bill is chances are your DD will have the healthiest teeth!!!!
    (my dentist was shocked at how good my DDs teeth are- she will only drink water or milk and hates super sweet sticky things)

I'm sure Hannah knows just how much you love her- and that you are doing your best for both of your kids.

Yay baby Kayden made it to 38+1weeks. And after an interesting birth (baby de-stat over 6 times, had to have a little bit of synto to strengthen contractions, baby born with cord around neck)
    We are both doing fine. Stable and feeding well.

Congrats Chrispe!!!

Congratulations Chrispe!

Charlotte - I have guilty days frequently.. It sux.

Default Premmie Mums #9

Merry Christmas to all the premmies and their families.

Merry Christmas to you all

Default Premmie Mums #9

Merry Christmas everyone

Staring down the barrel of another potential premmie... I will be 34 weeks on 18 July 2013... I am so grateful to have gotten that far given I was admitted at 32+6 for a 3 day hospital stay to be monitored, its pre-eclampsia and HELLP again why must my pregnancies attack my liver!

Very happy to have gotten this far but starting to feel a bit confronted by a potential NICU/SCN stay - one of the positives is that we have picked it all up earlier this time and can manage it rather than having it sneak up on us like it did in DDs pregnancy.

Just wanted to get some of these feelings out

Double post

Congrats on making it this far!!
    Keeping you in my thoughts.
    Xxx

Thanks Charlotte

We're due for a new thread which you can find here

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122