Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #9

Wow Kitty it sounds like your little man is a real booby boy, he is doing really well.

It is frustrating how some nurses and doctors undervalue the benefit of the parents holding their child. They respond to your breathing, your warmth, your heartbeat, your very being as their parent. My DH used to hold DD and sing totally inappropriate songs (hard rock etc) but she knew his voice from the womb. It was so cute and his way of bonding.

I hope you get a transfer to the closer hospital before your DH goes back to work. I had to do two buses if i could not get a lift to get to the hospital due to the driving restriction. It was so long (over an hour) and unreliable (the second bus would often not come every scheduled bus) even though by car it took 30 mins or less. One day I did drive and it killed my stomach so did not try that again for a while. It made me realize the reality of a c-section on the body.

Good luck with the continued breast feeding.

Fantastic news Kittyk. So please to hear he's doing so well x

That's great news that he is starting to bf each time, hopefully he will be able to start bottles when you aren't there to encourage suck feeds each time.

I had dh working after my cs, it's tricky to get in and out. Are there any other family members who can help out?

He's doing fabulously. So glad to hear. Hope you can get that transfer (or even better, discharge) soon!

We were transferred to Logan on Wednesday and they had a spare room so they let me board there so I could give him BF's every feed. Worked out well because I got to take him home today!!!! He had gained enough weight and had been breastfeeding only for the past day and a half. Its weird being home and having him here, but much better than him being in a hospital

Woohoo!!! That is awesome news
    Congrats on bringing your little man home...enjoy!!

WooHooo!!!! That's absolutely fantastic

Great news!!! Enjoy having him home with you.

fantastic news KittyK

Awesome! Congratulations!

congratulations kittyk! thats fantastic news

I remember bringing DD home after 6 weeks in hospital. It was really really weird.

Even rooming in with bub for the last 2 nights was weird.

It is a weird but wonderful feeling having them home.
    I know after we brought DS4 home after 15 weeks I could not staring at him for days...if felt really surreal.
    Even after 9 weeks with DD3 it took some time to believe it was real and we no longer had to run to the hospital and back.
    It is awesome to have them all to yourself to be able to do everything for them

Hi ladies. I am new here.

First i want to say to Kitty.

My baby boy Sam was born 7th nov last year at 31 weeks 3 days. After being in hospital for a week on bed rest before hand. I had a rear rupture. He was 1420g 44cm long and hc of 29.5cm. He was discharged on 7th dec.

He is now 5 months and 4days. I am only recently starting to come to terms with what happened. I look forward to getting to know you all.
    Mel

Thanks Melssy, and welcome! I'm new to this thread myself Chase is 2 months old now and he is gaining weight like a champ. Got him weighed last week and he was 5kg!

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy, having a baby come early is the biggest shock. Was it a very stressful birth for you? I remember not being stressed as I wasn't sure exactly what it meant to have him born at 34 weeks, because no one was freaking out I thought it was a normal kind of early. It wasn't until after that I found out that it was early and not everyone had babies this early. So the whole birth process for me (well c-section) was very calm, the staff were joking with me to make me laugh etc. I got the shock after the birth and even then it took a couple of days to sink in.

I can't even really tell he was early now that he is all filled out. He still doesn't really focus and smile right at me though he does small little grins when he is waking up or going to sleep while looking at me. Dr's said that he could take a little longer to do things like huge happy smiles which is fine with me, I'm just happy to have him and if he wants to take longer to give me a great big smile thats fine. I think corrected age he's just over 2 weeks so he's doing very well

Thanks Kitty.

I had really bad morning sickness. Was hospitalised twice for fluids. I had BH from about 20 weeks and at 30weeks went into labour. My great uncle passed away the same day. I then was on bed rest till he was born. My waters had broken and when they stopped meds which stopped contractions on the thu and had him on sun. I was in labour from 5am and had him at 6.25am. They were worried about his lungs. Turns out he was ready just needed weight.

Thanks Kitty.
    Wt i thought i posted response but cant see it now.

I was having BH from about 20 weeks and on bed rest after waters breaking at 30 weeks. Dh missed his birth by 15 mins. I woke needing toilet at 5 am and had a hard time getting back to bed as contractions started. I was rushed to birthing and waters broke and he was crowning within seconds. His hr dropped during birth. He was born at 6.25am. They were concerned about his lungs. I had had problems from day one. So they watched me pretty closely. After he was born they saw an abnormality on his brain scan that they do so was worried until they did a follow up scan a few days later. All turned out ok. Then he had bradys until a few days before they let him out.

He is now 6.1kg and doing well.

Oh and he was early to smile, eat solids, sit and stand with help. Also has taken to holding rattles and leans in for a cuddle lol. He is the 3rd % for weight for 5 months and just under for length. Doctors did not expect him to be doing what he is as he was so premi. He is just like a normal 5 monther just a little smaller.
    Last edited by Melssy86; April 11th, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Hi Melssy Welcome!
    Good to hear your little man is doing well. It is not unsual for the prems to have a little more trouble catching up weight wise.
    My DS4 was born at 25 weeks and is 6.1kg at 15 mths...so a tiny tacker but doing really well...my dd3 born at 28 weeks is about 9.8kg at 2 1/2 yrs old.

Kitty good to hear your little man is doing so well and has settled in home. He is doing fantastic with his weight

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast