Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tell me about your baby - expect to deliver at 34 weeks

My lovely young nurse let me co-sleep with the twinnies when I roomed in - I loved her for it. We had a brilliant night's sleep before we got to go home. The nurse on duty in the morning said "Do NOT tell the doctors or you'll have to stay another night!". I have no idea why but I guess she was very set on doing things 'properly'.

So much great information - thank you!! It is so helpful to know what to expect and the little tips to make it somewhat better.

Baby 1 labor at 32 weeks emergency c setion, baby born just under 2kg, 19 days hospital, Jaundice, regulating body temps and fatten up.

Baby 2 labor at 35 weeks 4 day stay plus back for another 3 for jaundice, she was emergency c section and weighed around 2.2 kg.

Baby 3 labor at 34 weeks emergency c section, hospital 5 days jaundice and low bsl. (my only NG fed baby and only for 24 hrs)

Baby 4 labor at 34 weeks emervency c section, hospital 4 days. My only baby I got to hold straite after delivery and no complications. (baby 3 and 4 where both around the 2 kg mark

baby 5 labour at33 weeks, cpap for 24 hours iv anti B's for TTN, baby had trouble keeping warm and had A&B Spells so had to stay in hdu for monitering. 2 days NICU, 1 day NICU 2, 7 days HDU. Transfered to local hospital for another 5 days mainly jaundice and fattning up.

Apart from the 24 hrs baby 3 had a NGT for loww bsl and the 24 hrs baby 5 was on cpap, I BF every 2-3 hrs. I really really really had to push hard for this for baby 5 as they couldnt calculate how much milk baby was having! I live 500 odd kms away from our major hospital (KEMH) And was discharged after 3 days with baby 5 and was able to stay in agnes walsh witch was part of the hospital.
    I really recomend being polite but firm for BF.

Your bubby will probally fit 00000 but by about 6 weeks will be in 0000 or smaller 000.

All the best for you and baby.

ps I had steriod shot 1with baby 3 and 5 none with 1 and 2 and 2 with baby 4.

Buliej - how did you find things? I'm staring down the barrel of a possible premmie too. I got admitted to hospital on Friday. My ob is trying to decide whether bubs will be better kept in or out.

I am in hospital now -10 days down and 4 to go until c-section on thurs. so far, hardest part has been being away from my 2 year old other than twice a week visits. It has been hard on me, him and dh. I asked for a tour of special care and asked a lot of questions. That helped - see if you can do the same. They also gave me a brochure on what I need to do if I plan on bf'ing - info on how often I will need to pump etc. I've already reserved a hospital grade pump from the ABA for when I am released. How far along are you?

Default tell me about your baby - expect to deliver at 34 weeks

Wow buliej, that's a long time to be in hospital waiting! So glad though that you have a date to look forward to for meeting your bubba great too that you got to tour SCN.

Just wanted to say all the best for Thursday, hope it goes well and that you have a quick recovery, and that you and B2 get to go home soon

Thanks! It is a very long time in hospital! At least now I am only a few days away from meeting B2 who has been kicking up a storm. B2 will prob be here for 3 week s after I am discharged which means i will be coming back here every day for a while.

oh wow, almost there! Hope all goes smoothly

I'm 34+4 today. I like the idea of checking out the nursary if I can - ill see what my ob thinks will happen tomorrow. I'm now having cord problems so its all a bit up in the air. I'm finding it hard missing my almost 2 year old, and I've only been in since Fri and seeing her briefly every day. I don't know how you do it.

Good luck for Thurs!

Good luck!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12