Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bugaboo Donkey - hanging out for further information

So ladies, I was out shopping yesterday and guess what I saw..... The donkey in the flesh!

I had to stop the lady and quiz her about it and she didn't have a bad thing to say about it. She said it was really easy to manouvre (as you'd expect with a bug) and worked really well for two kids. She had a 3 year old and a 4 month old. The seats were definatley not as wide as the caemleon, but her 3 year old fitted in it fine with a footmuff.

But it looked fantastic! I soooooo want one. I did see one place online here which is saying they will have them in stock in October, but you need to preorder. I'm so tempted to, but would really like to have a play with it in a shop before spending $2000. I want to make sure that it will fit in our car, the cameleon was always a squeeze with the bassinet.... This folds differently and the seats are smaller, but still want to be 100% sure before we splurge.

I would have mugged her.

I too stil want one but we are pretty set up now and I quite like the baby jogger city mini double. Although I suspect if I see one in real life this will change.

Miss E - I'd just buy it. The resale on them would be nearly 100% at the start given how scarce they will be. If it doesn't fit or whatever I'd just sell it again.

i'd buy one too i am still hoping to get away with buying one when we move to LA lol. wonder if DH knows what he's in for

Had to come in for a little woo hoo

DH and I just ordered our Donkey! I'm soooo excited! Will be in the store in a couple of weeks time, which is great I thought we would be waiting months. Had to share with others who can appreciate.

Congrats Miss E! I saw one about 2 mths ago in the flesh, and was thinking 'wow, where did you get that??'. Was too embarrassed to ask though so I just stared discreetly. Enjoy your donkey when it arrives

Yay Miss E!!! Where did you order it from? When does it arrive? Please let us know what you think

If you gals want to try on in the flesh they are in a baby shop in hoppers crossing. I know the name, can I post it ?

Wow : they are gorgeous $2000 for two basinette's and the two toddler seats :

Now to convince DH

Ok, so I picked up my Donkey on Friday and I luuuuuurrrvvee it!

It's everything you love about the cameleon and more! They seem to have improved on a lot of the features of the cameleon, it was heaps easier to put together (but that could be because I'm familiar with how the cameleon goes together), the handle bar adjustment clicks to different positions rather than just slides, the angle of the handlebar is heaps better, the bigger front wheels make it so much more manouvreable.... And I could go on and on...

Mind you there are a couple of things that the cameleon does that the donkey does. When the seat is facing outwards you can't lie it flat (just recline), you can't flip the handle bar all the way over either. But I thinks that's about all that it doesn't do.

At the moment I've got it set up in mono mode and am just using it for DS. The shopping basket is so handy, DS loves being able to get his snacks out of there himself. The other day I went to the supermarket and couldn't believe how much shopping I was able to fit in the underneath basket and the side one - simply brilliant!

Anyway, I could go on and on all day. But if you are thinking about getting one, I would highly recommend you do - I don't have a bad word to say about it.

Miss E, do you still love it???

We are expecting number two, there will two years (pretty much to the day!) between the two and I REALLY want one! Haven't had a play IRL yet, thought I'd have a look on the weekend, but just wanted to ask if you're still enjoying yours? Money will be a bit tighter this time round, and I'm not sure if we'd get much for our cameleon as my mum damaged the clip that holds the seat on (it still works, you just have to push the button in to lock it into place)...

Anyway, would love to hear your opinion after a couple of months (I'm hoping you'll say I MUST buy it then I can show this thread to DH )
    Last edited by lise; January 4th, 2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Yes, I still love it! Number 2 is still a little while off but I'm finding it great to use as s single. It's easy to maneuver and has great storage, you really can see why they called it the donkey.

You'd be surprised what you can get on eBay for your cameleon. I sold mine for $800, then got another $80 for an extra topping set. I'm waiting till winter to sell my footmuff, but have seen them go for $150 plus. The key is to sell your accessories separately I think, you seem to come out with more $$$$ this way than those who bundle it all up with the pram.

Hope you girls don't mind me adding to this thread.... I also own a donkey - 2 boys (22 months apart) and I love love love it. My boys love being able to look at each other when my younger faces me and the older faces the world. They often even hold hands as we walk

Default Re: Bugaboo Donkey - hanging out for further information

Just wondering if you ladies still love your donkey?

Default Re: Bugaboo Donkey - hanging out for further information

I stil totally love mine!

It is super handy in both mono and duo mode (and my kids are 14 months and 3.5 years).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123