Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugaboo Donkey - hanging out for further information

Default Bugaboo Donkey - hanging out for further information

OK, so I know I'm a bit tragic. I love my Bugaboo Bee. I know that I will also love my Bugaboo Donkey Given I'll have two under two it seems perfect for us.

I follow Bugaboo on twitter and facebook in order to keep up to date with any announcements. Bugagoo replied to one of my tweets and let me know that pricing will be available in the next fortnight. Woot!

I'll be getting my brother to buy me one in London and then send it over. Totally over the top, I know. However as it won't be available in Aus until Jan 2012 at the earliest it's the only way for it to fit into our timing.

Is anyone else as lame as me?

Fi
    Last edited by FabFiona; January 13th, 2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Corrected Aus release date

Lol, prams can do that to you! We bought a strider plus, and now every time we see a pram DH says "ours is better". He's more obsessed than I am! And I reckon if you love your bee, and the donkey will be the same but for two, why wait? Great news that you can get it before anyone else in oz

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I'm not such a big fan, i am sticking to my chameleon for now It just seems a bit too wide and quite clunky and i really don't like the storage compartment option! But, i am sure if i saw it in real life i would be in lurrrrve! Let us know what you think when you do get it! Also the pricing if you get a chance!

If i ever decided to go for a double pram, i would seriously consider the strider plus!

I want one tooo!!!! If you find out the pricing, would you mind posting it please? I will have to work out some way to get it to Aus as well..hmmmmmm *puts on thinking cap*

I love my cameleon, it's fab

I would LOVE one, but don't think i will be getting one I still love my Bugaboo Cameleon and now we have a Maxi Buggy Board which DD1 loves, I won't be getting a double, unless we end up with another bub and DD2 is still young, but the chances of that are welll Buckleys But I would be very interested in the pricing too, I may be swayed

If we are lucky enough to have a number two we will get one...I like it...not as much as my bee + but it is quite nice...now a double Bee woule be really cool!

I will definitely post prices when they are available.

I'm glad I'm not the only bugaboo tragic here.

Hi, my name is Clare and i am a Bugaboo-holic.

i want one. do i need one? no. but i want one.

bugaboo tragic since 2007

I'm in the bugaboo tragic camp too. love my cham...
    i reasearched SO HARD looking for when Buga would do a double when i was preg...
    hmmm..... maybe i need to ttc!! LOL!

Oooh, definitely interested in the price!! I love by bug too and although DS is only 6 months old I've been lusting over the donkey since I first saw it...

Bugaboo have released some prices on their website. US dollars, UK pounds and euros. US dollars seem to be the cheapest once you do a currency conversion.....now just to decide on colours.

However if someone can just explain the difference between duo and twin to me (other than the price)....

Thanks roses, will check it out!

I'm not sure, but would the twin be always a twin pram, whereas the duo is the one you have the option of one/two seats? Just a guess...

They seem to have prices for mono, duo and twin. Three different prices. But they have said that mono is with the shopping basket always attached on the side. Their products are fantastic but the company need help with their PR.

If you frequent Northland you just may see one in action...
    Woman there was pushing one around last September, clearly on an inside track that one! pmsl

Anyway, just sayin'...

Off to Northland to see a woman about a pram....

Bugaboo will introduce the Bugaboo Donkey: the mono-duo-mono convertible stroller for kid(s) and goods. The Bugaboo Donkey can easily – in three clicks – be converted from a full-sized mono to a full-sized side by side duo and back again to a mono. All with flexible and multiple storage space. This makes it suitable for your first child, your second child, or both and for twins. And even in full duo position, the stroller is still compact.

# update!

The new Bugaboo Donkey will be launched in Spring 2011 in the USA, UK, Netherlands and Spain.

prices

in mono configuration: 1089 € / 1199 $ / 899 ?

in duo configuration: 1339 € / 1499 $ / 1099 ?

in twin configuration: 1489 € / 1659 $ / 1219 ?

The mono configuration can easily be converted to a duo configuration with the duo extension set: 250 € / 300 $ / 200 ?
    My thought is twin configuration refers to two bassinet's and maybe two seats. I'm guessing the duo extension set refers to an extra seat, for those that buy a mono now but need to upgrade later.

I'm off to stalk the interweb. Be back with any further info.

Hmmmm - I wonder if the bugaboo seat I have would fit the Donkey?????? Just wondering out loud with the options / prices. For the die hard bugaboo lover (even though I have 2 twin prams and I REALLY don't need one)

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle71 View Post
    Hmmmm - I wonder if the bugaboo seat I have would fit the Donkey?????? Just wondering out loud with the options / prices. For the die hard bugaboo lover (even though I have 2 twin prams and I REALLY don't need one)
    Michelle, it's not about NEED. It's about WANT. I'm sure I don't NEED the incredibly expensive Bugaboo Donkey, but I WANT it. Actually, maybe I do need it...!

I remember reading that the seat is more tapered in the legs than the Cameleon. That's how they fit two in and keep it the same size as the double Baby Jogger City Mini. However I'm not sure if the things they click into are the same.

hmmmmm I wonder what the exchange rate will be in spring..............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast