Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugaboo Donkey - hanging out for further information

the seats are narrower too so a cammy seat won't fit dammit
    As far as I am aware it goes like this....mono is one bassinette and one seat...duo is one bassinette two seats and the twin is two bassinettes two seats...at least that's how I read it...could be wrong!

hmmm doing the conversion from US$ to AU$ that aint bad...for bugaboo

it's like $1500 for the duo...

That makes a bit of sense Melbel, you would think they would put that on their website.

quick question...do you think by saying Spring '11 in the US that this could mean March? hmmm DH is going to be over there then and has said that he could get it...no doubt there is a waiting list i need to get him on lol!

Ok, I'm a bugaboo-aholic too! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have been thinking we'd hold off on TTC number 2 until I knew I could get my hands on a donkey (sad, I know). At least now I have som timing to work with!

Wow. Just watched some videos for it and yep, it's pretty amazing. I currently have a Baby Jogger City Elite though and have my eye on their City Select for when we have our next baby. Check it out, it does give the Bugaboo Donkey a run for its money!

I have a question for all you Bugaboo-aholics, how do they handle on various terrains? I do quite a lot of walking (exercising) and love that my 3 wheeler easily copes in most situations. Are the Bugaboos OK for walking - like fast, exercise walking?

Taurean, the baby jogger city select is the one we are looking at for a double pram too. It is similar to the bugaboos with the way it folds and the seat tilts. I REALLY want the donkey but now I am thinking maybe a side by side might not be the go? BUt to answer your question, our pram is AWESOME in all terrains. We do lots of walking and live near parkland//bush and push it along the man made paths over twigs and small branches with no problems. Then we go onto the uneven footpath and push it when there is only 3 wheels touching the ground and it handles beautifully. We don't have a bad word to say about it as far as terrain, it's simply awesome.

Starangelk - thanks hon. That's great to know as I suspect the City Select would be similar. The Donkey is pretty amazing though but I think the width would be my only concern.

Oh, another question - how hard are Bugaboos to fold? I love the quick fold technology that Baby Jogger have - makes things so easy!

To be honest.....bugs are a bit of a PITA to fold IF you don't know what you are doing. I struggled badly the first 2 or 3 times but then it just clicked and I've had no problems ever since. I had a look at the Baby Jogger City Select and it folds differently to the other baby joggers (which I have seen that you just grab the strap and they fold.) The City Select folds a little similarly to the Bug in the respect that you take the seat off and then fold the frame in half BUT there are pros and cons to both. The bug automatically snaps into itself so it won't reopen on you when you're putting it in the car whereas the baby jogger has this strap thing you have to attach to stop that. However, the Baby Jogger did seem to be a bit simpler in opening up because you just unattach the strap and it automatically unfolds whereas the bug you have to hold the buttons and unfold at the same time. Seriously though? I love my bug and don't think I will ever love other pram as much ever - LOL

Thanks for all that info Starangelk It's good to know these things, in preparation for another baby - although #2 hasn't even been conceived yet

I watched the online demo for the Baby Jogger and you can fold the pram with one seat attached and it still uses the quick fold technology but you pull levers on either side of the pram instead of in the seat like the Elite and Mini prams. However, they don't show whether or not you can fold it with both seats attached. I doubt you'd be able to but I guess that's not too much of an issue. I had to remove the bassinet from my Baby Jogger to fold it (when we used the bassinet in the early days) but it was so simple, just pulling two levers on the side. I love the fold of the Baby Joggers, it's a shame the Bugs aren't a bit easier. But as you say, pros and cons to both.

I'm going to be eyeing off both the Donkey and the Select down the track. Although really, my Elite is just perfect for two kids. I think I'm a pram addict

I actually went into a shop the other day to check that exact thing about the Baby Jogger City Select. You CAN'T fold it down with both seats attached.

I find my Bugaboo Bee very easy to fold, but I did have to get the hang of it first.

Quote Originally Posted by fionaw View Post
    I actually went into a shop the other day to check that exact thing about the Baby Jogger City Select. You CAN'T fold it down with both seats attached.

I find my Bugaboo Bee very easy to fold, but I did have to get the hang of it first.
    Ah, thanks for that!

OMG! I want one!! I love my bug Cam! I have ownedd two now and have had others but nothing compares to the bug! i will be getting a donkey if we have a 3rd! pram addict that I am! lol

Ooohhh my love for this pram just keeps growing and growing. I am so excited it is being released OS next month because that means we'll be able to access some REAL reviews instead of the bugaboo press ones. Looking at it though, the features look fab, in mono mode the pram is the same width as the cameleon. This includes that side basket which makes me wonder how much smaller the seats are however....... I love love love the one click fold too.

I assume you've been watching the same videos as me! I'm also looking forward to it being released.

In the end we decided to keep the Bee and buy a Baby Jogger City Mini Double for when out with both bubs. The Donkey was just too much money and hassle for a pram I've never seen.

I know FabFiona, I feel a bit the same way but I think I might feel differently after I read the reviews by real people ITMS? Am hoping everyone loves it as much as me and am thinking to inlist the help of family members OS if I still want it in a few months time. We've got time on our side.

If this was our first bub then I would probably get the Donkey. However we've already spent so much $$ on our Bee that it's started to add up. For us the total cost was the tipping point.

It's true, so freaking expensive. I am hoping to get a good price for the sale of my cameleon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast