Thread: Maternity pants that are not "skinny"

Default Maternity pants that are not "skinny"

I just can't seem to find maternity pants that are not of the "skinny" variety. I GET that it's the fashion, but I just can not wear them. I look ridiculous! I'm looking for black dress pants for work and casual pants (jeans or similar) that are either straight cut or bootleg. My budget is tiny, so that doesn't help. I looked at Target, Big W and Kmart. All I can find is skinny jeans and dress pants that are narrower at the bottom than at the top. Help! I need to find some!
    Tia

Default Re: Maternity pants that are not "skinny"

I bought jeans, shorts & 3/4 pants from jeans west when I was pregnant. They do bootcut & straight leg jeans. They're not cheap, but when I went to a dfo outlet some styles were on sale (bootleg & straight cut). I got 2 pairs for $40. Granted this was about a year ago, but might be worth checking out.

Yes, def Jeans West. Check out Asos online for maternity wear as well, they have some good deals.

Jeans west are good for jeans. They only go up to 18 in them though and I did find that the maternity skinny leg jeans had more give than the boot cut ones. However both were comfortable and the waist band came all the way to the top of my tummy which is a bonus.

Have a look on Asos, they do have a lot of skinny ones but their maternity range is huge (and cheap) so I'm sure they have straight leg too.

Eta - their jean sizing runs small I have found so worth going up a size if you find something you like.

I have found heaps of pants at the op shops! Bootleg and straight jeans, as well as brand new skinnies. Check another Target, if you can - I saw some roll down crepe-type fabric wide lag pants on sale yesterday at my local Target Country.
    Don't dismiss the op shop option - maternity gear there is often barely worn!

My looser ones came from pumpkin patch. More exy, but when you consider it's pretty much all you wear, you might be able to justify it. Consider skirts as well? They're heaps comfier than pants anyway.

Boho Mumma I think it is, online.

I got my work maternity pants from Target (def not skinny leg) my local Target had a small range so I ordered them from Target online which had a huge range and had them delivered to my local Target.

I have some second hand bootlegs I can sell you.. what size are you after?

I was just at target and they had black roll top loose maternity pants in stock. Pumpkin patch was where I got my work pants from and I'm still wearing them 2 years later.

Second hand on eBay?