Thread: How long before retesting after faint positive line?

Default How long before retesting after faint positive line?

Ok I got Becky23s left over test in the mail today & just couldnt wait till Friday...

I got a faint positive which can be seen at arms legnth.... how long should I wait before retesting?????

OMG OMG OMG... please dont let it be my imagination...

Default reply

Oh sweetie, how exciting, for you, look if you're preggers, your levels double and triple very quickly, so if you can wait till morning then do it again, if it's still a faint line then wait another couple of days.

Melinda Guest

The pregnancy hormones double approximately every 48 hours in early PG, so if you test on Thursday, you should get a stronger result. But you could even get a stronger result tomorrow.

Thanks Nadia...

I will have to wait till I get a test as Becky23 posted meher left over )& lucky test)....

Will get another tomorrow....

Good luck Mitch....fairly confident you must be pregnant! I know of people getting false positives AFTER the recommended time on the box (ie. looking after 10 mins or whatever) but I've never heard of a false positive when following the instructions; even if it is faint it's likely to be a proper BFP!

(Same thing happened to me....I retested four more times over the next three days and each day the test results got stronger! *L*)

angel_eyes Guest

I had 3 BFP from home tests and did one at the dr surgery and it came back inconclusive. Blood tests revealed I was right :-)

I have heard you are more likely to get a false negative than a false positive.

Hi there

This brings back flashbacks.....the same thing happened to me and I remember asking my beautiful husband to check the lines - I explained to him - 1 line was negative and 2 lines was positive.

He came back with the response - "You're 1.5"- turns out the line was so faint we had to angle it to see it....afterall that it was a definite positive.

Good Luck - hope you get the result you're looking for O

A line is a line! If I were you I'd test again first thing tomorrow morning as your level is always higher in the first wee of the day... Good Luck!!

I have kept all my pg tests.

THe first few had super feint lines... and only on the tests I did in the afternoon. all morning tests came back negative!!!

SO as you can imagine I was losing my mind!!!!

and I rang all the product info lines on each diferent brand of test I took and they all said - any second line, no matter how feint, counts as a line!!

Went to the doctor and his test was negative - he looked at me like I was crazy... but I knew I was pg.

the next week... all double lines everytime and all bold and beautiful!!

Good luck!! but I reckon a feint line is a good sign!!

xxx
    L

A line is a line, congratulations.

hi mitch i was just reading your post and am eagerly waiting an answer. it all sounds good from here, so i will keep my for you.

Kas

Thanks Kas.... It was a BFP... haved in the preggy anouncements!!

JennyS Guest

Congratulations!!!!

I've got my pregnow tests and did one last night when I got home and one first thing this morning and got very very faint lines both times. I think I'll try to hold out now til next Monday!

My body is telling me that I'm pg now though!