Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does LH surge/+OPK last

Default How long does LH surge/+OPK last

Hi guys, just need some advice on how long an LH surge (and positive OPK) usually lasts? I have been getting faint lines but no dark line since starting OPK testing on CD 15 or 16. Then last night (about 10pm on CD29) I got a positive OPK. I have still be getting them today (CD 30) including the one I just did tonight at about 6pm. Is it normal to get a positive OPK for so long and does that mean I am ovulating now or about to ovulate? We didnt DTD yesterday but definitely will tonight and tomorrow so will that be the right time? Also, I dont have any EWCM so im wondering what is happening??????

This is my first cycle since finishing breastfeeding so I guess that's why things are a bit strange.

Thanks

Beccas

Hi Beccas, I'm no expert on OPKs (never actually seen a +ve one!) but did you know that OPKs can sometimes detect pregnancy before a HPT? just a thought...!!

I once got +OPKs 3 days in a row. I O'd on the day of the last +OPK. Keep DTD until you're sure you've O'd.

Good luck!

I'm very interested in this thread. It is kinda freaky because I've just tested and got a faint line two days running although todays faint line was a bit darker than yesterdays. I was wondering if maybe I ovulated last night or early this morning and have missed the actual LH surge. I was logging on to see how long a surge lasts for when I came across this thread. Thanks Beccas. I'll keep reading with interest.

hi everyone, thanks for your replies. i was still getting positive OPK tests yesterday but today they are negative again so the LH surge must have lasted about 36 hours or so. hopefully we DTD at the right time!

good luck everyone.

beccas

Hi Beccas,

It's perfectly normal to have a surge that lasts that long, you may have caught the surge right at the begining and then again on the way back down again. Its good because it gave you a heads up. Some women, may receive a positive result for less than 24 hours and other women have problems detecting the surge at all. If you were receiving positive results continuously for a long time then there may have been other factors affecting the results (such as pregnancy - pcos can affect the results with some brands)

Next cycle the surge may not last as long so be prepared in case it doesn't I hope that you get pregnant this cycle though.

Good luck

Hi Ladies,

I am wondering if you can help me, I have had a positive LH Surge for 3 days in a row, my question is, we DTD on Day 12/13 as it was Sunday Morning @2am so would you count that as day 13???, I did an OPK test later that day, it was neg,
    OPK's
    Baby Danced Day 12/13
    Day 13 Neg OPK
    Day 14 Positive all day x 3
    Day 15 Positive all day x 3
    Day 16 Positive so far x 1(today is day 16) I will test again tonight.

this is my second baby, 1st time we BD on day 10 and Day 12 we had a little girl. so I was lucky 1st time I got pregnant, is fertility heredity does anyone know? as I have 13 brothers and sisters, hoping it is.

thanks in advance.
    Bella

do you think I could get pregnant from the Baby dancing on Day 12/13 as it's very hard to pin point my husband and I am really trying for a girl so I don't want to BD now as it will be a boy for sure.

I got a positive OPK on cd 20 and it stayed positive until cd 22. I tested at 2pm and 8pm each day. We dtd on morning of cd 21 and the morning of dc22. This was our first month ttc and we got a BFP.

Good luck

Hi Bekz,

thanks for the info, are you aiming for a boy this time around?? I wonder if you will get a boy doing the BD then. let me know I would love to know if it's true if you do closer to the O day you get a boy.

bella

Hi everyone!

I have had positive OPK's for the past 4 days now I am on CD 15 - what do I do?

Do I keep testing and BD till it stops, does the LH surge stop at all??

Help!

Hi Kristy,

My last LH surge started on day 14 at 2pm and lasted till day 17 at 2pm, I would BD during your positive time and then stop, keep testing tho to check once it stops, if you keep getting positives for longer then a few days you might already be pregnant as the OPK"s can pick up pregnancy.

good luck!!
    bella
    xx

I have had positive OPK's for the past 5 days! (yet to test today!)

On another note this morning I woke up feeling a bit fluee/headachy/cold symptoms. My nose has given me greif all morning. - maybe the first signs of pregnancy, heres hoping!

We didnt BD last night, after 4 nights straight of BD - I needed a break! If I get a postive OPK tonight we will be back "at it" - but a whole 5 days (so far) of positive OPK's has me worried - is it really working?

Hi Kristy,

are both lines on the test the same colour? is it possible you could be pregnant from your pervious cycle?

with my 1st bubs, we DTD only once, on the night of my 1st Poitive OPK, so I think you have it covered, you must be exhusted you poor girl, hehe

let me know how the testing goes if they stay positive a BT at the Doc's might be the way to go.

it's day 12 today for me, so I am testing today at 2pm hoping for a Poitive so we can start this TWW off an runnning!

Bella
    xxx

Hi Bella, Yep the test line is darker .... and it was positive again yesterday,(Friday).. so we were back at it again.

I have done 2 PT and got a BFN. I still have a stuffy nose too. I dunno what's going on, But I guess I will have to wait and see.

Hi Kristy,

yeah very strange, I had no idea LH surge could last that long! is it still positive today??

I just did mine at 11am I got my 1st Positive, we DTD last night so we are in with a chance already but I am going to jump DH when he gets home tonight!! day 12 like with my bella so here is hoping for another DD!!!

good luck Kristy!! we are in the TWW now!!

bella
    xxx

Hi guys.. can i ask a question?

I have never done opk's before, and altho we arent officially ttc atm i got some to see if i can track my cycle even better...

On CD9 i did my first one.. now i noted it down as a negative because the T line was a thin line. Its colour was pretty much the same as the C line. I tested CD9, CD10 and continued over the course of the following week.

I am now on CD20.. i have just done 2 today and they are the same as the ones i did before, if not the T line is darker BUT... the lines are still just a line, slim line... not the same thickness as the C line... but darker than the C line SO.. what does this mean? (is it only the colour that matters or does the thickness of the line matter?) The brand im using is forelife. This is the second box so all up i have done 12 OPK's since CD9.

Reason i did the OPK at CD9 is because on CD8 i had the pinching/pain i normally get on the day i O, so that normally occur's anywhere from CD13 to CD15. I thought it was REALLY odd to have had the pain on CD8 and so hence why i wanted to use the OPK's.

any thoughts anyone?

I just wanna know why this nausea is so bad, its every day and that coupled with the pain's (stabbing) i have been getting in my breast's i wanna know if i am just on one long ovulation or if there may be something wrong???

Id really appreciate thoughts guys

Hi Missy MOO

I also use Forelife, I start testing on day 9 just using one a day till I hit day 11, they always have the one line till my LH Surge hits, then I get the two red lines, same colour, it's all about the colour, if they are as red as each other it's a positive, if test line is pink and the other red it's neg. if you have been getting the two red lines for a very long time you might already be pregnant from your previous cycle, have you done a HPT?? how long is your usual cycle?

I am 28 day every month so I always O around day 14 hence the positive today on day 12.

hey bellarose,

ok so now im confused between the red and pink? todays ones the C line is a light pink the T line is a darker purple line (mind you i just read on pee on a stick it can be common to have the outside of a line be the dark part, which i spose could be the line im trying to explain)

can you post a pic of your neg and pos ones?

thank for replying too

ETA: i did a hpt that came with the kit (forelife kit) 2 days ago, and it was bfn. But i have just read that forelife arent the best for hpt :S confused oh and im same as you 28 cycle

p.s is it possible to have fallen pregnant last cycle but still had AF?? (omg after 2 kids i feel so nieve how bad is that lmao)
    Last edited by Papillon; December 6th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast