Thread: Who had only faint opks but got a bfp?

Default Who had only faint opks but got a bfp?

Hi!

Just wondering how many have had faint opks (Lines not as dark as the control line) but ended up with a bfp anyway?

I have just started using opks and had faint lines from CD15 to 18, but none today on CD19.

Any help or advice most welcome!

yep me!! I thought i didnt ovulate at all, but i got my bfp! good luck

I never ever got a true positive (or anything close to a positive) using OPK's and I used them for three cycles. I even tried different brands as well just in case. I got a BFP on the third cycle of using OPK's so it most certainly does happen.

Good luck with the OPK's and getting your BFP!!!

Thanks ladies!

That puts me in a bit more of a positive mood!!

me too.
    I used them for 2 cycles and never got a definite positive (and I tried a coupleof brands), but I still got my BFP and now I have my gorgeous boy!

Me too - I never got a true positive OPK until I did one by mistake when I was pregnant - then it was a dark one.

Good luck - if you are getting any sort of second line I would be BDing just in case.

I sure did.. The day b4 FF said i oed i did one and got NO line at all oh no it was really really faint (i think) then 2 weeks later i got my BFP....

Hi Ella's Mum,

Its possible to not receive a true positive result and still fall pregnant. Some times this can happen if:

A) you are not testing at the same time each day.
    B) heavy intake of fluid can dilute the contentration of Lh in your urine
    C) A short surge lasting less than 24 hours has occured - testing twice a day is recommended if this has happened (try 2pm & again at 8pm).

Lastly, If the above fails then whilst the text books say that Lh peaks in the morning and takes 4 hours to disburse through the urine.....(unfortunately not everyone is a textbook case).....

D) Some women may need to test using first morning urine, in the even that the surge occured late evening.

I hope that helps.

Hi Ella's mum,
    Not only did I never get a +ve OPK, but I barely even got a second line including the cycle I fell pregnant. I followed the instructions very carefully, sometimes testing several times a day, but did not seem to find these tests useful for me. The only way I could ever actually identify if/when I ovualted was by getting my blood checked to see if I had ovulated.
    Good luck - your faint lines sound promising.

Thanks Ladies!

Jac, makes me wonder if I should bother using them iykwim?

Do you have your blood checked (For 'O') through a FS or GP?

I'm having trouble getting any two lines ever. i've been using the ovutel ones this cycle and have tried the lullaby ones and fortel ultra. My problem is i drink too much and wee too often. Who can slow down the drinking in that damn heat wave we had. GGRR Impossible. i'm actually wondering if maybe its because i dont ovulate. Will know tomorrow after i see the fs as i had progesterone levels done. Looking foward to some answers.Until then i'll keep peeing in a cup.lol

Good luck for tomorrow pollyanna!

I don't really think I 'O' very often as I have pco's and it's taking some time (Again) to get a bfp.

Girls, these postings have helped me too... I've been worried that I haven't seen a darker line yet and thought i would have O'd today or tomorrow (CD13). I've had a positive OPK before using the same brand, but i've only used OPKs twice before - that cycle and this current cycle. The second line is remaining very faint and not getting progressively darker.

I think I'll just continue to check CM /temps and BD for the next 3 days or so anyway and hopefully catch the eggie... assuming I'm going to O this month.!!

I've just bought a new pack of OPKs so I think i'll do an 8pm check too.

ellas mum: thats the only reason I knew I ovulated, as I got a day 21 progesterone blood test done which proved I did in fact ovulate when I was so sure I didnt

silly question - should my temp increase at 'O' time?

Roughly how much should it increase by and for roughly how many days!

(Good question Ella's Mum)

yep i also never got a dark positive line using OPK's. i got faint positives and took that as BD now! it worked!!!

like tess, i also used my OPK's as a pregnancy test and i got a stronger positive then!

this thread is great, its put me in a much more positive mood!

As per my thread re most likey day to O - I have been getting faintish positive lines on my OPK for the last 3 days, and according to every calculator this is my fertile time. Luckily have been BDing just in case, and after reading this will definitely do a HPT when my period is due !

fingers crossed and good luck to everyone else TTC!

Good luck Roquen!