Thread: Feeling slightly paranoid about my 2 DD's

Red face Feeling slightly paranoid about my 2 DD's

Well the title says it all I guess

Since having DD2 4 weeks ago I am just feeling like I am being fairly paranoid about both my girls' well being. For eg DD2 has had a cold over the last few days and now I am stressing that it might be whooping cough , DD1 does preschool 3 days a week and every day she goes I worry that something might happen to her. I much prefer the days that she is at home with me and DD2. And the list goes on....

I must admit the worry is driving me slightly mental even though I know that I am probably worrying about nothing. But I feel a bit like the whole of the last year has been one big worry and I just want to not feel like this anymore!

Anyway, I don't really know what I hope to gain by this post maybe just to get it off my chest, or to feel like I am not the only one to be like this...thanks for reading.

Sending you big hugs and please know you are not the only one to worry. I too worry about my kids and after a loss we seem to be so much more protective over our kids.

Regards,
    Dianne

Dianne, you are so right. I know my DH feels the same way too.

Thanks heaps xo

You sound like I did after I had my DS.

I am normally a pretty rational person - even with the bad things in life, but a few weeks after having him, hormones, sleep deprivation and what I now know as a bit of PND, I started stressing about EVERYTHING.

I found a lump in my breast at 6 weeks PP (a cyst) and got really badly depressed thinking the worst and calling my mum in tears saying "i'm not scared to die, but my baby needs me" - I feel so ridiculous now that I look back, but I am so so scared this is going to happen again after this baby.

Talking to my Dr about it, he said it's a classic sign of a bit of depression when you worry over the things that you wouldn't normally.

So my advice is to perhaps have a chat with a nurse or your GP, see what they say and get onto it early if it does sound to them like a bit of PND.

Good luck sweetie - you sound like a lovely concerned mumma xx

I have elevated anxiety when pregnant and in the few months post birth but only since the loss and birth of Caitlyn. I have elevated fears about falls from balconies, over the edge of escalators etc. Ladders and play equipment don't seem to be an issue - go figure None of them are unreasonable, just more than the usual person.

We also co-sleep and both DS and DD are still in our room. Part of this is laziness on my part (couldn't be bothered doing the hard yards to move them and then getting up to them overnight ) but it is also a reassurance for me. I can feel them breathing, I can check on them and I know they are in their bed and safe.

LTTTC and infertility treatments can also place an added level of anxiety on you. Each aspect is amplified because it was so hard to achieve. You often fail to have a *normal* pregnancy due to those additional fears.

So, you are quite normal But, keep a check on your feelings and if they start to impact significantly and negatively on your life then you need to seek help

I can totally and utterly relate. I actually spoke to my GP about this yesterday just to make sure I was still in the realm of normal. I worry so much when either of my boys or even DH is away from me. I worry about silly things like I'll faint while bathing them and drop them, or that a bee will bite either of them and they'll have a reaction. I am usually a calm, rational person but just after having a bub I really do loose sight of that.

The GP said it was normal, especially given my history and like Michelle said just to make sure it wasn't inhibiting my life too much.

I think it gets better with time but at the moment I'm still feeling on a knifes edge.

Spring xx

Thanks for the kind words ladies

I'm still travelling along OK I think - when I posted this DD2 was only 2 months old - still being a bit paranoid but not too OTT or I think so anyway! She gets checked on often while sleeping (as she is now, although the snoring when you go near the doorway to the room is a bit of a giveaway LOL) and we co-sleep like you Michelle. I feel the same, as does DH, reassured that she is safe nearby. Honestly though, I think that now I'm no more worried - probably even less so - than I was with DD1. Pretty much as you said Spring, it does get better with time although I do understand the knifes edge too Of course it doesn't help either when you tend to be a worrier naturally like I am

As for DD1, well she's on holidays ATM and starts kinder in a couple of weeks Am wondering how I will cope with that!!! She of course will be fine and say to me on day 1 of school something along the lines of "You can go now Mum" as she has in the past ROFL

Thanks again

ETA, I should also say Spring, congratulations on the arrival of your little man
    Last edited by nicjay; January 14th, 2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: adding ETA