1234 ...

thread: Parenting after Loss or Miscarriage Jan/Feb 2011

Sep 2006

BW Seriously you don't have to worry about that person I was talking about..She came from a feeder school starting with B or T I think and she was in my year at high school so I'd seriously be very surprised if you know her or the other way around If you are at all concerned PM me and I'll give you the details
    I hope your appt goes well today. Sam sounds like he's ready to give up the dummy hun...My nephew threw his in the bin one day not long after he turned 2 and told my brother he didn't need it anymore lol.

Lisa Where are you?? Have you tested yet?

Willow That plan of leaving the kids at home sounds like a good idea lol.

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2006
    Melb, Vic

OK so I bought the test.. forgot it was in my bag and just wasted perfectly good testing wee. Now I have to wait for the need to go again and hopefully not forget the test this time! I have procrastination down to a fine art

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2006
    Melb, Vic

Just noticed by Av - maybe I wont need to change it all that much hahahhahhaaaa!!

Jan 2006
    Qingdao, China

Far out Lisa, go drink a few glasses of water! You can't tease me like this!!!!!!

Dec 2005

Geez Lisa I agree with Jayne, if your anything like me with my after-kids pea size bladder a few glasses of water and you'll be good to go in 5 min

Jan 2006
    Qingdao, China

I'm so on the same page as Freya. I can just think about running water & I'm off!

Oct 2006
    home sweet home.

Far out!!! I was just first on the scene at a pretty bloody bad head injury. Michelle you'd be so proud i held it together
    and took charge. That first aid course I took about 8 years ago all came back. The bloody
    nurse who came to help was no help.

I'll bb after the boys are asleep to debrief.

Lisa: test woman. Although I suspect you already know the answer. Whatever happens, you'll be fine.

Eta I even got asked by the paramedic if I was a nurse. How hilarious.

Jan 2006
    Qingdao, China

Oh my goodness Spring, how scary for you. WTG on holding it all together & getting the job done. You're a super-star. Have a coldie & relax woman - I'll bet it will all sink in soon.

Aug 2006

Just noticed by Av - maybe I wont need to change it all that much hahahhahhaaaa!!
    I had the same thought today my dear! I have a feeling it might be around for a while???

Spring - Eeek! Sounds like you did a wonderful job though! Was it at work??

Oct 2006
    home sweet home.

A friend and I were at the cafe at the library having a drink when a woman runs in covered in blood asking for a
    cloth. She said a child had fallen hit his head on a bookshelf and needed help. No.one.moved. The staff just froze so I gave B to my friend and ran down to the kids area which where they were. This poor woman was lying on the ground cradling her son and the blood was just pouring out of his head. I mean it was so much she was covered and it was literally dripping. I grabbed a baby blanket off another mum and told her to apply pressure. I then put him in the recovery position. Meanwhile the lady who was calling the ambulance was flustered and forgot where we were so I took the phone and gave them directions. I told her to go out the front and wait for them and guide them in to where we were.

That's when I started to get worried, he seemed to be losing consciousness, his eyes were closing and I couldn't rouse him. I know how important it is to keep head injury people awake so I took off his shoes and kept tickling his feet, trying to get him to tell me his name and how old he was. The first aid chick then casually arrived and took the bloody baby blanket off his head to have a look. I yelled at her to keep applying pressure and not take it off again. She said she was a nurse and I said she should know better. It needed to clot. I then asked the lady her name, and who I could call, her hubby is away so I called her MIL and explained that she needed to come to the library. Finally the ambulance arrived and I gave them the low down. I told the lady S my full name and offerred to look after her older son until her MIL arrived. When MIL arrived she saw the blood pool and was a mess. I got her a water and helped calmed her down.

I was furious at the staff, they froze either didn't realise the seriousness or didn't care. The nurse was a fool. Just said let's get him ice, even I know not to ice a head wound and that the most important thing was to stop the blood. Afterwards a library staff member came up and thanked me. I told her I was stunned at their Blaise attitude.

The mother was terrified, the look in her eyes was just so frightened. She said she couldn't thank me enough. I actually have her phone number (mil called her from my phone) I'm thinking of textibg her in a few days just to check how he is doing. I just feel so much for her, her poor little 2yo was in a really bad way.

Aug 2006

OMG Spring, you gave me goosebumps! GOOD ON YOU!! I am so proud of you. I can only imagine how that poor mother must have been feeling and how grateful she must be for your help. You're a star!!

Dec 2005

Well, there is a plan. I'm starting a new drug which will mean fortnightly injections. I have to go to Concord hospital on Wednesday for a mantoux test (not looking forward to that!) and to be taught how to give myself a sub-cutaneous injection. I laughed at that, and so did my rheumy - he went on to say that while I probably wouldn't need the services of the educator woman (I can't remember her title!), it would be good to meet her at least. Will be starting that in a week or two... and I have to say an enormous thank you to Michelle for offering to take Sam - I've got no idea how long I'll be at the hospital, and it would just be torture on Sam to have to be there all morning bored... and I realised that all my friends out here now have to do school runs so wouldn't be able to take Sam early enough for me to be on time. Michelle, I think you are saving both Sam's and my sanity - even though I do feel guilty leaving you with four children... but it will be nice to be able to catch up at last, just wish it was slightly better circumstances!

As for the dummy - Sam found one in his bed this morning and came out with one in his mouth. He gave it up quite easily and I've done a more thorough sweep through the house now and I think I've got them all - but knowing Sam, there's a secret stash somewhere. He did need it to go to sleep at day care today, so I can't see it going completely just yet, but hopefully the new "out of sight out of mind" approach to dummies will work. In just a few days it's made a big difference - he was trying to say shoes, shirt and shorts this morning as he got dressed.

Spring, I really do hope you are ok!

Mako, I'll stop panicking. I do have a few connections to people from the B and both T places, but even though some are younger than me, I don't think they are quite that young!

Hands hurt, so will just leave a quick good luck for Lisa and be off.

BW

Oct 2006
    home sweet home.

There was just so much blood. I got some on me but I really had no other choice. I washed my hands and used alcohol wash. The blood had soaked her shirt and was pouring down her arm. I hope she is ok and the little fella is ok.

Michelle, Deb what do you think. Would he be ok?

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2006
    Melbourne

OMG Spring... that sounds terrible. Glad to hear you held it together and did such a wonderful job!

Lisa - Surely you've had to wee by now!!!! Come on!!!

Wow... what an exhausting few days! We've had my SIL here with her little boy and I'm absolutely shattered. Two 3.5 year olds is way too much for me to handle. They were both nuts and didn't exactly get along as well as we'd thought!! Luke was not a very nice boy and I'm really worried about how terrible his behaviour has been. He gets so angry and worked up over absolutely nothing and I don't really know what to do about it. It's just exhausting and I lost the plot at the zoo yesterday... he was being so naughty, so everyone within a pretty good radius of us heard my yelling at him.. oops. I just couldn't take any more of it.. its so ridiculous. Anyway, we've had a much better afternoon now that our visitors have gone, so I'll start getting on top of it all again.. he's certainly one that needs the 'naughty corner'!! The saving grace is that Campbell is still sleeping really well, so I'm not quite so sleep deprived!! Thank god. I still can't believe I've got a really good sleeper all of a sudden... never in a million years could I imagine that I'd get a bub that sleeps through at 3 months. Lets hope it continues!! He doesn't really sleep much in the day though, so I don't get much done.. but at least I get some sleep at night. Which reminds me... it's too late for me and I need to get to bed!!!

Will be back in the morning to check on you Lisa!!! Oh and we really should have another little Melb catch up... I'm feeling really lonely again!!

Kel xxx

Jul 2006
    Logan

Spring - You are just a little bit of hero hun!! Well done

BBL - I am putting the kids to bed

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2006
    Melbourne

OMG Spring... didn't see your full post until after I'd posted. How terrifying but my god.. you did an amazing job and should be so damn proud of yourself. I hope the poor little fella is ok. You should definitely text her to see how they're doing.. I'm sure they'd appreicate that you're thinking of them. God.. I can't even imagine how terrifying that would be.. the poor mother. You are a superstar woman!! Well done.

Kel xxx

Dec 2005

Spring, you are AMAZING. I am so so proud of you! You deserve some sort of recognition for doing what you did, I can only imagine how heartbreaking it would have been to go through that as a mother as well

LISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Please put us out of our misery????

Dec 2005

Spring, I didn't realise you had posted at the same time as me. You were amazing! I know head wounds bleed a lot, and that's about it. That nurse really was an idiot! I hope he'll be ok.

BW

1234 ...