Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Loss or Miscarriage Jan/Feb 2011

Thanks guys. I know you would have all done the same.

I'm really worried about him. He had that 'the lights are on but nobodies home' look. Just staring at me. Hopefully it's just a concussion.

Oh thank gawd, the mumma just called me. He has three staples in his head and they kept him to keep an eye on him but he is ok. I can't believe in all that's he's been through she called to say thanks. Phew phew phew.

BW - Glad you've got a plan. I think Sam will do just fine without the dummy too.

Willow - I didn't intend on starting work this year. I was going to start some thing next year but things have fallen into place for now, so I will give it a go. I am training atm and there is sooo much to learn about bras!!!

Kelly - It is hard when you little one is acting out. I found calling the naughty corner we call our naughty area the "cool down and think spot." I found it a great way to get on top of the behavior that is not good and it also gives me an opportunity to talk with the girls about their behavior once they've calmed down. Thankfully we haven't used the area for a very long time, although Miss Eva may be a candidate soon lol

Night all

PS - I hope Deb, Michelle and Lee are ok
    Last edited by BekZ; January 28th, 2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: adding

Miss Lisa...where are you lady??!! Don't make us start txting!

ETA: Oh Spring, thank goodness for that!! You can sleep easy tonight now babe So very proud of you.
    Last edited by Willow; January 28th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

Hi beautifuls... I'm here, just not saying much - but wanted to just add, Spring, you are SO good babe, a shining light in a crisis, thank God you were there to help out, your quick thinking was paramount in a good outcome I'm sure.

Lisa - yep, I'm "patiently" waiting for your POAS.... COME ON ALREADY!

Kelly - visitors with small children are exhausting... I loved just having my best friend here, but it was tiring with her little girl too! Hope you recover quickly, and great CaHmpbell is such a good sleeper!

Bek - well done on your first day of school! It's a huge time, but you will settle into your groove with the new routine. Can't believe my "baby" is starting year 8 high school in a week or two!

Freya - how are you doing hon? I read your comment on fb about the completely OTT fees for testing - any way around this?

Willow - hope you are still loving your new holiday "home" xo

BW - glad you have a plan, hope it all goes ok.

Hi to everyone else.... Deb and Michelle - how you both doing?

I've been reading, but am in a strange (but ok) space right now - crazy busy with 4 kids, so just not getting enough me time right now. Am going ok though ... loving the c25k program - just finished week3 today ... still don't see myself as a runner, but am doing it.. I think my body and legs are adjusting to running, but it's not easy! Still down about 3kg, it's slow to come off, but I still love my food lol !! Spring, how do you run 5km hon!!!

Hugs all around, Lee xoxo

Lee - Good on you babe, I think I found the 3kg you lost It's really getting to me today, I miss my gym time so much. Getting frustrated because every avenue I explore doesn't work for one reason or another, mainly because I have no one here to mind the boys, DH trains at night and is probably starting shift work soon so my only option is a gym with a creche I think but then that's not ideal either because of travel and timetables etc. Grrrrrrrrr.

I'm off to bed. Will stalk you again first thing Missy! LOL

Willow - sounds to me like you would greatly benefit from hiring (with option to buy) a treadmill .... then you can join me on the c25k program, and Michelle, and Spring !! We got ours second hand (but in hindsight I would only buy new in the future as we have had a few issues, including a new motor) and were able to pay it off $100 a month - probably equates to gym fees. Can't tell you how convenient it is to exercise at home with the little people. Flynn goes into his poratacot, and both he and Remy are happy watching ABC for the 30 minutes I'm on the treadmill - it's great, and so much easier than dragging everyone off to the gym and all the hassle that entails.... just my two bobs! We also have a cross trainer, I love this too, and they don't take up nearly as much room as a treadmill, and are pretty cheap to buy aswell (apparently good fat burners!).... so you have options! Maybe make some inquiries along those lines.... xox (then instead of your gym time being the time you get to yourself, you could take in a movie at night or something outrageous!)

I'm here. I will be back for a full update but I just wanted to tell Miss Spring how incredibly proud of her I am You did a great job!! Pressure to stop the bleeding is perfect. Head wounds bleed like nothing else and look very spectacular but a good pressure dressing / pad will fix that (usually!!) Unfortunately, little people with a head injury can often go spacy, pale and look horrid but they usually bounce back quickly and just need some monitoring. You did an amazing job and you should be ever so proud of yourself too xxx

OMG Spring!! You are one amazing woman!!! You put aside your own fears to help a little child and his mum. Its funny how some people who should know what to do just totally freeze up. Love you lady and Im sure that mum will never forget you and what you did for her little guy. You rock!!

BW - hope your appointments go well, and Michelle is the greatest isnt she!

OK so now, Im so very sorry I didnt POAS til very late last night - DH came home and we went out to the Plaza did shopping etc with the kids then we got home, bathtime, etc etc..

Im not pregnant. No lines, not even a faint one. So heres my thing, my bbs are still sore, and I have some of the symptoms I had with all my pregnancies. Im worried now that something is not right and there may be an ectopic or something else going on. Need to get a BT done, will have to organise that for Monday morning. Meanwhile, still having lots of AF type cramping and back pain.

Now we just wait and see what happens, but I just know there is a little soul who hasnt found his/her way xx

Lisa - I agree babe, I think it's time for a trip to the GP or your ob/gynae. Something seems not quite right here

Lis - an ectopic will still give a positive POAS. But get it checked

Definately get yourself to the gp hun

I second the convenience of a treadmil at home. Although after 9 weeks of walking and running on it, I am quite happy to get up at the crack of dawn and go for a walk.

Big Lisa..Good luck for Monday.

Spring You are an amazing woman and well done for helping that little boy..He and his mumma were very lucky to have you there doing everything you needed to. I'm pleased the lady called you last night to let you know he was ok
    Also I'll be thinking of you today and hope you all stay safe

Michelle You are truly wonderful for offering to mind Sam while BW goes to her appointment.
    How is Oscar feeling about starting Pre School this week? What day does he go?

BW I'm pleased to hear you have a plan with the new medication. I hope you get some relief soon

AFM I'm on my very last round of DHEA and will be throwing some clomid in with it in a couple of days. I'm really not looking forward to that as I get so cranky when I'm on it and have noticed I've been that way with the DHEA lately too so I'm really hoping it doesn't get much worse..Poor DH & Sage. I really wonder why I'm putting them and myself through that sometimes
    On a good note though AF arrived and I only had a 28 day cycle which is awesome as I'm usually up to 35 days so maybe this stuff is actually starting to work like my Ob said it would..Should start to see the benefit by the 3rd cycle on it so it works its magic.

SPRING _ Good on you babe! You sound like you were a work-horse out there & everything just came together for you. Your initiative coupled with your common-sense & ability to keep yourself calm provided that boy with the best attention he could have received. You should sleep very easy the next week at least knowing what a fantastic person you are & how you did such an amazing job. Well done. I'm so proud of you. & I'm so glad that the mother contacted you as well.

MAKO _ I'm so sorry that you have a week of bad-vibes coming up with the Clomid, but how awesome that your cycle has been regulated to 28 days! That sounds so promising already!

LISA _ I''m sending you lots of these........... the other girls are right. & you know your body better than anybody else, just go get it checked.

BW _ Sounds like you have a big-dummy-free-boy on your hands!

LEE _ Sorry things are just out of whack right now. Completely agree with you about the treadmill & hiring it. Sometimes dragging the kids all the way to the creche just takes up too much of the day & so much organising for an hour long workout. I really hope you find some 'you' time really soon. Just put 15 July on your calendar & count the sleeps til then!

KELLY _ Super job with Campbell honey, you deserve ot have a great sleeper. Sorry Luke is in the bad books & you lost it at the zoo. We are only human & sometimes it all comes to a head. Claudia did that to me the other day at my friends hotel. She was just being a royal brat & I couldn't take much more of it. I was stressed so bad I just wanted to burst into tears. Sorry he didn't get on so famously with his cousin either - maybe he's all just a bit put out with all the Christmas hype, then the Perth trip & then some visitors staying. Maybe this next week at home is exactly what he needs?

FREYA _ How are you chick?

BEK _ Everybody survived the first week at school? Loving how the girls didn't want to leave!!! So cute, I had tears!

AFM _ Well, it's 12 weeks until we come back to Aus for this wedding & I really wanted to get some family portraits done. We haven't had ANY done with Claudia. Very bad. Do you reckon in a studio or outdoors at a park is best? I need to get the last 7kg off as well because I want to have some of those 'intimate' but stylish ones dones of Alan & myself. I have a pose in mind & I need a really flat stomach to do that. bahahaha. Have you ladies had portraits done lately??

Love Jayne xx

Jayne - Definitely recommend an outdoor shoot for the portraits. We had ours done about 12 months ago and they are BEAUTIFUL. Chrissy Torney did ours (she's a BB member. Well was, not sure if she's still around here much). We had them done down at the River at home (gotta stop calling it that). We got a heap of framed ones and one canvas of each of the kids. Cost a bomb but totally worth every cent. Got a beautiful shot of DH and I and also a family shot but unfortunately that was before DH lost all his weight. Still lovely photos but he looks so different now.

You gals have got me thinking about a treadmilll now. I received some money from my Nan's estate at Christmas time and have used some of it for a few bits and pieces and am saving a chunk for my holiday in March but I might just have enough to splurge on one. If you don't mind me asking, how much can I expect to pay for a good one? I do fear the old motivation issue though. I know soooooo many people who've brought them and never used them. That's one reason I love going to the gym and doing classes, I actually enjoy it rather than watching the clock. And while it will literally take up half a day to do a round trip the the gym here, that might be a bonus for me, get me out and about a bit? Lots to ponder....

Mako - In case you're reading....we're not going to the Farmer's Market tomorrow, but maybe you and I should make a day of it next time and go check it out together? Leave the men and children at home! LOL

Also been meaning to say Bek - if it were me babe, I would take the opportunity for a bit of a break and some serious 'me' time and come to Sydney on your own. I think it would be wonderful for you. I won't have my kids with me I don't think. Depends how the b'feeding is going with D but even so, DH and the kids will probably stay with the ILs and I'll stay at night or two in the city if that's what everyone is doing. Going to wait until plans are set and then decide. Obviously it's up to you and you need to do what you are most comfortable with

Hi ladies - just popping my head in here for the first time. I was part of the pregnancy after MC and now i feel a bit in no mans land....is there were we end up? I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

TEGAM _ Welcome!!! Would love to have your join our little thread of chatterboxes!!! Miss Molly looks absolutely DEVINE!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations. You make beautiful babies!

WILLOW _ You know, just to throw a spanner in the works, if you're worried about it not getting use (treadmill I mean), you could always look at a rower. I had a rower in Aus & it was brilliant! I used to do a lot of walking with Banjo () & also with the girls to & from school, so sometimes I just wanted to do something different. I found the rower gave me the cardio workout as well as toned a lot of my muscles in my arms, across my back & my stomach, Granted, you still can't see I have muscles in my stomach. But they are there, just under a LOT of layers of insulation - can't have them getting cold!!! bahaha. My rower was around $800 & it was also a recumbent bike, so it meant I could rotate between rowing & cycling. Being that your knees are the same height as your hips when you're doing the cycling, was hell on the thighs!!! Thanks for the tips on the pics, I'm pretty sure I have seen them on FB. The one of you & DH was of you kissing???? He has you pushed up against a wall (I'm blushing here!) & I remember the one of Miss V sitting amongst the trees with her arms spread wide looking up to the sky? Are the the ones? I loved them!!!! I don't mind spending a small fortune as we have never had shots like that done before. But I want to get good ones done. I don't mind parting with the cash, when you can justify it, you know? As for the one with me & Alan, well, that one HAS to be done inside. bahahaha

Willow - You are right!!! I will come down by myself.

Is the 15th the date of the meet up or it is the weekend of the 15th. I've looked at flights and I can get $89 flights each way. I am not sure if I should come on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning???

Hello Tegam. Congrates on the arrival of Molly

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast