Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April/May

Michelle. I'll keep that the universe backs off and leaves you alone. You have endured way too much already and certainly don't need anything else to worry about. I hope you have someone to hold your hand IRL for the scan. I'll be holding your hand from afar

Kelly Have a great time in Perth. What did you end up doing with your puppy dog? Is he going with you?

Girls I need your help My charming little boy has decided its fun to say the 4 letter "F" word. He says it if he's stuck as he hasn't got the hang of "st" and a truck is a fruck but today he sat on the lounge beside me and says "hey mum f**k" and he said it quite a few times this afternoon I just ignored him most times but if he said it in context I changed it to "oh dear" or "bugger". I know the latter isn't great either but its better than the word he is using atm.
    So I guess I'm asking you all what you have done or will do in this situation

Mako - I'm sorry, it's not funny and when DD did it I actually cried. It's funny when someone else's kid does it but not yours! She heard a friend of mine say "oh for f*** sake' so that's what she was saying. In context. Regularly. Honestly, I tried everything. Telling her it was a rude word, telling her not to say it, trying to replace it with other words. The only thing that worked in the end was to ignore it plain and simple. Not react at all when she said it. It was hard but bless her she never said it in public, only at home so I avoided that embarrassment. After a week or so she completely forgot about it and has never said it since.

Michelle - oh man. I hope you've got someone to go with you to your scan.

Mako - Yep we've had this issue too. I found the best way is to ignore it too. Although with other choice words that she decided to adopt we did teach her a substitute. So in stead of her saying "oh God" she says "golly gosh"!! She did hear my mother say FandH at one point and she started using it a bit. My DH simply told her that she was supposed to say Fudge and Ice-cream instead She learnt most of her words from one weekend visit to my mother's house, needless to say we don't go there often.

Kel - Good to hear all is well.

I went to the MCHN today. Miss Eva is 7.8kgs and 72cm. We had a good talk about her sleeping issues. We've got a plan and if this doesn't work, well be off to sleep school.

Janie - Happy Birthday to Nicholas tomorrow.

Deb - I hope you are ok

Best go. We've all got sore throats and snotty noses here

Bek - I have been wondering how you're holding up. I hope the plan works. But if you do end up going to sleep school, take heart. It is haaaard but it seriously was the only thing that worked here and truly saved my sanity when I'd hit rock bottom. It made an immediate, drastic and permanent change to L's sleep patterns.

Hi girls,

It's been a bit quiet in here, I think we are all 're-grouping' after a fairly heavy and heartbreaking period. Michelle, honestly hon, little Omar is growing (you can tell by your sore pelvis), I pray he continues to thrive and all is okay. I know you need anything extra to worry about like a hole in the head, just keep going one day at a time hon - is your besty going to the scan with you, or do you want to go alone? You know we are all in the background cheering you on, closer and closer to Omar's birth (sorry George, Omar just keep slipping out). Omar/George is a most precious piece of Greg and Greg's spirit coming right back at you, he's one special little man, so he has to be okay.

I'm way too tired to write too much tonight girls, recovering a bit from a month of visitors - but my Dad and big brother just had a weekend here for Flynn's Christening, and it was FANTASTIC to be with them, they were so helpful, and I laughed a lot all weekend, something I have not done enough of lately........

So when are we all off to Tahiti?????????????

Lee xox

Lee, sounds like you had a great weekend.

mako, we and are having the same sort of issue. I was told when I first had a positive hpt that this was the last time for him. It didn't matter how this pregnancy turns out, no more. It has added a lot of stress to the pregnancy so far. I also feel like I am being punished for my losses. I have told him that it is not a closed issue for me but that I do not want to talk like that right now. I feel like it has made me a bit distant. I know how lucky I am to have Grayson but I have always wanted more.

michelle, My high risk OB would never do the resistance test for me when I was pregnant with Grayson. He said that if the growth was spot on there was no need. There can be high resistance and even reversed flow in a "normal" pregnancy. I have my fingeres crossed for a nice big healthy Omar next week.

Kelly, have a great vacation.

Hugs all around ladies, especially for our beautiful Michelle

Sorry, FAK, back later.........

Nicholas and happy birthing day Janie. I can't believe our little ones are turning 3 this year. Where on earth has the time gone

Laney Look at your ticker flying by hun. I hope you are doing really well albeit the added stress you mentioned

Michelle did you end up going away for a few days? If so I hope you are having a safe trip and I'll try and come see you when I get a day off

Willow How's your Nan doing? Did you end up finding a book for DD or have you just had a little talk with her? How are your boys doing? Has DS1's head healed now?

Lee I just had a little look at your latest pics on FB and I have to say what a lovely family you have. Your kids are adorable

Feeling rather low today. 5 weeks ago today I said goodbye to my tiny angel #5 and I'm having a tough day of it today. Sooooooooooo many mum's came into work today who are either pregnant or have just had a baby in the last month while I was off and as cute as they are and as happy I am for them all its just like being kicked in the gut
    Ok thats enough from me. I need to get my happy face back on before a visitor arrives to pick up some stuff.

Mako - My nan is doing OK, thanks for asking. I'm going to see her again tomorrow. Haven't had the talk with DD yet. I want to go over it with my mum first.

Just wanted to pop in and give everyone a I know a lot of us are doing it tough atm.

HI Ladies,

I have been MIA as the phone lines in our area have been damaged & it took 4 days to repair. I'm such a ditz though & my home phone has been a bit 'special' of late, so I thought my phone had crapped itself. Went out, got new phone, plugged in & still not working....... finally realised was phone LINE not phone. Whoops! Alan doesn't know that it was the line, just the phone

MAKO _ I can 'sorta' understand where DH is coming from, but I also understand you have 'unfinished business' in the baby world, similar to what Willow was saying about Boo & I really think that the pair of you need to sit down & properly communicate your thoughts & wants to really put the two of you on the same page. I know it's completely easier said than done though, so in the meantime I'm sending you tonnes of love.

WILLOW _ Glad your Nan is having some good days, that's really great news.

JANIE _ Happy Birthday Master Nicholas, can you believe 3 years have gone by?? I hope the day was fabulous!

LEE _ We are going to Tahiti???

Big hello's to everybody. It's late here & I should be in bed. But sleep & I are just not friends atm....... I just lie awake for hours upon hours upon hours. I don't know why? I'm off to go read the newspaper & try for some sleep.

Love Jayne x

I am sorry I haven't been in. I have only just been holding it together & I needed to step back for a little time & really be around for my kids. I think my son is depressed - he won't let me out of his sight. Won't play AFL (he LOVES it), doesn't want to go to school, friends houses... He is worrying me. They are all seeing a psychologist and tht is great for then to be able to talk with another adult.

I haven't seen or heard from Ruby and the FWOTY still won't give me any information. He has been served his court papers & the date for the first return is the 31st of this month. So 30 days time. But who's counting hey!

They haven't seen their Dad since the 2nd of April. He's reduced his taxable income. He won't pay a cent towards the mortgage and it's now in arrears... Life is hard here right now.

Michelle sweetheart I hope you received my messages - please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will try and reach you over the weekend again. I too read all the lovely messages and articles - he was much loved by so many - & I know your heart breaks all over again when a time like the park etc occurs. Just know you are loved so much

Janie I am glad all went well with the op - he is such a beautiful baby!

Willow - thinking of your Nan & you.

Mako - I hope you are feeling better soon.

Deb -WOW what a tough time. I do think of you often

Best go, luv to all

Oh Deb, please know that I'm also thinking of you. Words escape me & there is nothing I can say nor do to help, so I just hope that you know I'm thinking of you....

MICHELLE _ Are you in Orange honey?

Oops, forgot to add, LANEY _ am loving your ticker!

Default Re: Parenting after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April/May

Jayne - I'm even further west

Finding it all very tough and worried about Thursday but at this stage I can still only take it one minute at a time. I physically ache with how much I miss Greg. I am tired, sore and emotionally stretched. I have family and support but it isn't Greg and the reality of this is increasingly horrible despite my beautiful babies who continue to make me smile.

Deb - thinking of you and wishing things were so different for you too.

Sending much love to my very special bunch of ladies. You keep me sane in this otherwise insane moment

MICHELLE _ Maybe you can keep nudging to the west until you are in Perth???

Im back on line - internet/phone/email were all off line for nearly a week! Just getting DD ready for childcare BBL to post properly.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast