Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Parenting after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February/March 2010

MAKO _ A weekend away sounds like it could be a good idea - might just give you some rest away from the home???

Interesting weekend coming up for me, my BIL has walked out on my sister. The same BIL who my sister has nursed, showered, dressed his wounds, cooked & cleaned for the past 5 months.

xx

Hi Ladies,
    some good news and some soso news. There was a bub in the correct location. A tiny heart was flickering. Big cyst on the right like I thought it would be Bub was also measuring 3 days smaller than I expected. I guess that it is possible I had a bfp 9 days after ovulation but I doubt it. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the measurements were just off a bit. Bub was very high in my uterus and my uterus was very high in my abdomen, making it hard to see things. It is just a waiting game now I guess. I couldn't see my doctor today because he had to run to the hospital for a birth. I will have to go back on Monday to talk to him.

Mako - Hope you enjoy your weekend away hun. Thinking of you constantly.

Jayne - OMG hun... I don't even know what to say. I really hope it's not a permanent thing but maybe just a reaction to all that's been going on in his life and maybe his way of not wanting to put her through any more... but it doesn't sound good. Certainly not the way I would do it and what about the poor kids. I hope your sister is ok. Massive hugs.

Laney - I know how hard this time is and I'll be right there going through it with you this week. The waiting is just the worst.. massive hugs. Sorry for my ignorance but how will the cyst affect things?

My scan is on Wednesday and I should be 6 wks by then. I'm terrified as I always measure smaller than I think I should be but this time I did OPK's and so pretty much know when I should have O'd... scary, maybe that was a bad idea on my part. Luke was the same though, a week behind where I thought he should be and he was ok. Gotta hold onto whatever hope there is I guess but still trying to stay in the world of De-Nile. I just need to get through the next two weeks or so and I should know what's going on. I just want to know one way or the other... but at the same time... oh god, it's just impossible. I wish I was better at dealing with all this, it's starting to consume me again

Kel xx

Kelly, the cyst is supposed to be there. It is a corpus luteum that formed where I ovulated. It produces hormones and keeps AF away. The only thing is...all of the pregnancies that I have lost came from my right ovary. The cysts were always large and didn't go away like they were supposed to. I can't get rid of this feeling that my right ovary is an issue. One more thing for me to stress about for the next 7+ months.

Good luck with your scan. I will be thinking of you.

KEL _ That scan is coming around quickly - but not quick enough for you I can imagine. I am feeling good things coming your way!!! Heaven knows you deserve it. I'll be waiting & waiting & waiting for good news. Is Ryann home by then to come along with you? Yep, Ben took off just before lunchtime yesterday & hasn't been seen or heard of since. Didn't even come back to get his medication last night. His family are causing MAJOR issues in their marriage & she told him yesterday either his mother stops interfering or she is going to walk away - honestly, that's how bad it has become & he said 'well i'll make it easy for you' & he literally walked away. He can't drive so he went on foot. He has most probably gone to his mother's house - the root of the very problem & you would think she would have come & gotten him some clothes & his medication - but nope! I'm leaving for beijing on Friday night & I really don't want to leave my sister like this, but what do I do?

LANEY _ I think that you need to hold onto the good news, what else can we do in times like this? 3 days isn't a 'huge' difference, like Kelly has said, she is always a week or so behind, so perhaps that 3 days is a measuring issue & will gain back that 3 days in time to come? Sorry, just trying to see the good in everything! LOL

Oh & ladies, will you please check out my ticker???

Love Jayne xx

Woo hoo Jayney Doing well!!!

Update from Lisa - all is going well and Natalya is feeding beautifully. Unfortunately she will be in for a few more days due to Lisa having an infection but otherwise they are well. Just missing Miss A. And I got a sneaky peek of the stunningly gorgeous babe - and she grows beautiful little ones too

Jayney - WTG on the weight loss. I've recently lost 3kgs. hugs for your sister.

Michelle - Thanks for the update on Lisa. I hope you are traveling ok.

Lisa - Lovely name for your princess

Laney - Hold onto the positive hun. Every thing sounds good.

Mako - You are in my thoughts lovely.

Willow - Hugs.

Kelly - I have everything crossed for Wednesday.

Hi to all.

Jayne: I really feel for your sis, what a terrible situation. Holy cow! Look at your ticker!!! What's your secret?

Laney: it is so easy to get worried but it all sounds really good to me.

Kel: I've got everything possible crossed for your scan. You deserve some good news.

Michelle: how you travelling Hun in the lead up to 25 weeks? Here for you through this.

Mako: hugs, hugs and even more hugs

Willow: hope your Nan is doing ok. It must be such a difficult time.

Lee: how are those gorgeous kids of yours? Can you believe how quickly our boys are growing?

Deb: thinking of you sweetie

Bun: how are you going with the two? The photos on FB are adorable.

Bonham: great news babe. So happy you've passed an important milestone.

Bek: Hun I was just thinking the other day how awesome it is that you're still feeding Eva. I'm mighty proud of you.

Janie: how are your adorable boys? Is D settling in well?

Well my news, I bit the bullet and joined Jenny Craig. I've set my goal at 25kgs and I'm feeling pumped and positive about it. I feel the cost is such an extravagance but I've got to do something. I Want to loose it before ttc again. So hopefully before long I'll be following in Jayne's footsteps.

Lv Spring

SPRING SPRING SPRING There is NO WAY you have 25kg to lose! I think you should re-assess to a figure that is achievable! If you lost 25kg you would be a walking skeleton!!!!

Hi lovelies,

Spring - I agree with Jayne - I can't see that you would have that much spare to loose!!! But whatever your goal is, I'm with you all the way! I'm going back on Tony Fergusson come Monday, I really like it because it's a no-brainer (shake for brekkie, soup/salad for lunch, low carb normal-ish dinner, with 2 pieces of fruit whenever you like) and as I don't have a brain atm, it suits me well lol !!! I want to shed 20kg, 25 would be better - but 15kg will be my first goal! And did I hear you say those three letters "ttc" - thats nice!!!! ;-) !! I made an appointment with my Ob for after Easter to get the mirena, so no more babes for me, but I think I've done my bit anyway! And yes I agree, our boys are GORGEOUS but growing too fast!! Flynn is such a contented little fella, I love him beyond words.

Jayne - your sister's hubbie sounds off the mark - to be honest, I hate it when men choose their mothers over their wives (sorry, because I know I don't know their story, just a little pet hate of mine) - hopefully they will sort it out okay.

Laney - sounds pretty damm good to me too hon, so far so GOOD okay!

Kell - you're still in de-nile right???

Mako - how are you sweety? I know, you are most likely bl--dy crappy, hugs coming your way xoxoxoxo

Hi to everyone else - I now have my MIL and DH's sister from Canada here - to be honest, it's less a help than I would have liked. You know what it's like having visitors - they create more work, but do not help me with the children/cleaning etc.... so no change there - they have cooked a bit which is good though. I'm still not in a good space - and I'm really beginning to understand the root of the problem - but it's a problem that seems almost impossible to fix............ it's all to do with grieving over my first DH's death - girls, I'm just NOT OVER IT, I miss him every day, I miss talking to him, I miss his interactions with his children, I miss laughing with him, I miss planning with him - I care about DH2 now, but (and I'm being really honest here) he is not measuring up near close to DH1. I know I should not compare, and it's such a COMPLICATED situation - I don't feel I'm making much sense. My DD12 does not get along that great with DH2, and he presses her buttons which does not help - at the end of the day, he is their step-dad, he spends very little quality time with them - I'm just still so SAD for them that they lost their Dad, who idolised them - and to now have a setp-dad who is not really that interested - well it KILLS ME.... as I say, this is not a situation I can really alter........ but I feel a bit better getting it out. I cry about this every day, no kidding - what happened is just so tragic, that my heart breaks every day - how the hell do I get past this, accept my lot, accept the bum deal my older kids got, accept it will never be as good.......open to ALL advice here

Lee xoxoxo

New thread time

Lee: firstly I Can read the pain in your words. I am so so sorry that your DH1 was taken from you. I can't even imagine what it must be like to walk that journey. It must hurt so darn hard. I think you are dealing with such huge issues that dredge up very intense feelings of grief and loss. Hun, perhaps it's time to reach out and ask for help. Perhaps seek some counselling. I've been to counselling before and it really helped me. No one expects you to get through this alone. If it is upsetting you on a daily basis then I think it might be time to reach out. A huge cuddle is coming your way.

Jayne: 25 kgs will still be in my healthy weight range

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718