Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Parenting after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March/April 2010

Kelly...you've just reminded me to ask...

How many of you will be getting the swine flu vax for your children? Is this what you had today Kel or just the normal flu shot? I have been mulling over it for weeks. To be honest, it scares me a little, all vax do. But by the same token, I saw children who had it last winter and it was just awful. They were very, very sick little people and I would never want my children to be that ill if I can prevent it. It is such a difficult decision. If there was any chance of me being prg again int he next 12 months (which there's not) I would be having it done. I was pregnant last year and there were quite a few local women who lost their babies or who ended up in the ICU in our local hospital It was a very scary time.

I'd like to wait a bit and see how bad it gets this year, but by then it's too late yeah?
    Last edited by Willow; April 22nd, 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Willow - I am stuck in the land of indecision. It was one of the discussions Greg and I were going to have but never got the chance to. I value his knowledge and advice and now I don't know what to do. Or what he would want me to do. Particularly with this pregnancy - I don't want to risk it either way, but with me being unlikely to go back to work before this baby is born I am less at risk than I previously was.

As for a visit - I might be escaping Sydney next week for a few days. I have an appointment on Wednesday and considered heading to the IL's Thursday and then on to Mum and Dad on Friday. Returning to the IL's on Monday and back home on the Tuesday. Just in time for another solo scan (ie without Greg) on the 6th. And then Mother's Day ......... which I really just don't want to contemplate

I will be around this Monday though. But I am not going anywhere and I will need your love and visits for a long time to come.

Michelle - No worries We'll be here when you need us.

Re. swine flu - I just had my 12 and 10 year old done, and Remy 19 months needs 2 shots (she had the first one, next one in a month) - for me vaccination remains a numbers game where you weight up risks - and it's still less risky/likely to have the vaccination & repercussions than the illness proper. I had the same shot when pregnant last year, so am covered......... not that this helps anyone.... just my two bobs.......

Bent down this morning to pick up a spec of dust, and PING went a tendon in my lower back - in agony walking, have had am emergency massage with my teacher today, but it's still agony - ah the joys, now have to pick up the toddler from daycare..........and she is going to be tired and clingy..... hopefully the cooking angels will have made dinner by the time I get back

Hugs ,,,,,, Lee xo

Willow - sorry sweety about whats happening with your nan sending you love and hugs. I agree with Lee - "grandma's shoes' would be a great book. As for vax - I didnt have the swine flu vac when pg and I wont be getting DD1 vaxed for it either, dunno, I have a thing about 'new' vax and worried about what they might find out about it 20 years later KWIM?

Michelle - honey hope the world has stopped spinning for a little while.. how are my gorgeous O & L? I love that they have a new night routine especially for their daddy, its something they will take with them to adulthood - I still send kisses up to the special people each night.

Kelly - I love your ticker girly, so happy things are going along nicely.

Janie - good luck for D's surgery tomorrow, hope he recovers real quick and is at home asap.

Lee - I cant believe you found that post, I remember it so well. Michelle has always taught us so much and your support to her and us has been remarkable, you are awesome babe! Oh and I did my back last night and had a massage this arvo but still crooked an in agony so completely feel your pain!!

Mako - hope your ok hun

A big cheerio to eveyrone else,

Me - going good except my back is out after mopping last night The girls are great, Miss A is doing great as a big sister and not jealous at all just protective of her little sister. Miss N is getting better with sleeping patterns and managed a six hour sleep last night so I feel pretty good this morning. Ive managed a couple of outings on my own with the two of them and I coped really well which made me relieved to say the least. Ive dropped the pregnancy kg's too!! Now i just have to loose the extra kg's I had before the pregnancy!

Does anyone know if I can go on that Tony Ferguson shake diet while breastfeeding?? Im eager to start loosing weight and getting into shape but as I cant excersise for another few weeks i thought id start dieting.

Lis xx

Willow - I had the normal flu vax today but it includes swine flu now, so covered for all of it now. My OB and GP both STRONLY advised me to have it... the risks associated with having it are FAR lower than the risks if you get the flu (and they're predicting it to be another bad year this year). For me, the decision was easy... especially seen as we're getting on a few planes!! I would of liked to wait till I was past about 14 weeks to have it.. just in case.. but my GP assured me it was safe and that people have been having it for over a year now with no side affects (appart from those that have allergies etc). Luke had the flu needle last year with no problems at all, so definitely wanted him to have it again too.. I just don't see the point in risking it iykwim... but everyone is different. I think the flu needle has been around long enough now for us to know if it had any major side affects but that's just my opinion. I've never had the flu needle before this but the whole swine flu thing was a bit too scary last year and being pregnant, there's no way I was going to risk it.

Kel xx

Im not having the swine flu vax and neither are the kids. I just dont think the need is there, nor do I think theyve researched it enough to make me happy about the risks. Im still debating the flu needle. Im just not sure if it makes a difference and now theyve combined it with swine flu; Im going to be thinking about not having it even more.

Michelle - Your so amazing, you really are.

Lisa - TF is a no no while breastfeeding.

Busy busy here with assignments and the lead up to Anzac Day; plus my aunts 60th birthday party on saturday night that I totally forgot about til now. Im finally assignment free for a few blissful moments so Im going to enjoy the long weekend and then tackle the next lot come tuesday.

I'm freaking out so much now, D is having his little op tomorrow . I know it's only minor, but I feel sick about it. Please send him lots of good, healthy vibes.

I'm so sorry I haven't been around this week.........I have spent lots of time trying to get tomorrow organised, and I've had my oldest friend here from Canada until yesterday (and she'll be back next week ). She is wonderful with the kids, and very helpful, but I don't feel like I can ditch her to come online! DS1 turns 3 next week so we'll be busy then too. Bought him a balance bike today!

Janie - Thinking of you today and hope it's all over quickly... poor little man. I'm sure all is going to be perfectly fine but understand your worry, it's not a nice thing to have to deal with.

I know you've got heaps on atm, but if you have time for a little catch up before Thursday, let me know as we'll be heading off for three weeks... and I'd love to catch up with N for his birthday!

Kel xx

Good luck today little Daniel and Janie

Janie - sending you lots of healthy and get better super quick vibes to little D and for his mamma..

Freaya - thanks for that, looks like ill just have to keep up the healthy eating and extra exercise once OB gives me all clear!

Hope your all well, im still struggling with my back but otherwise ok.

Lis xx

Just checking in on Jaine. I hope all went well.

Spring x

Janie, I hope everything went fast and easy today. Get better soon little D.

Janie - hoping all is well

For anyone interested, there is a section in the Daily Telegraph today Parents have gone home and so, our new life begins .............

Michelle:

Ladies time for a new thread. I can't insert the link from my iPhone but it is the April/May thread.

Locking this one now.

spring xx

(Here 'tis. Nelle xo)
    Last edited by Nelle; April 24th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718