Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Every parent or parent to be - a MUST read book...

Kristie, the name put my DP off, but I made her open it and read it and we're all glad that she did. If its going to entice more people to read it then all the better I think!

I just noticed the paperback with the name change at the shops and was coming here to post, but I've been beaten to the punch.

Great book - and now with a less off-putting name!
    Last edited by Snowy Love; October 11th, 2008 at 10:31 PM.

Now, I know I'm odd, but the new name really made me recoil. What I need to know? Well, gosh, how about "he's your son, get on with it" - that's what you need to know. Fancy-schmancy ideas about parenting I don't need.

The Science of Parenting was a great book because I love science! I love parenting! Put them together and you get a book I'm proud to have in my sitting room! How can it be off-putting to have something factual in the title rather than another "I'm the best do what I say" sort of title?

I agree with you RHF, in that I prefer the title Science of Parenting. I *hate* those books that tell you what you should be doing, especially when its usually one suggestion and generally no gentle alternatives. But a lot of new parents buy into those books, so for them this title is great.

Okay
    just got the book off the huggies site. Members pay $35.95 with free delivery (I'm only a member there for the promotions and not the forums, this totally surpasses Huggies forums =).

Ive been looking for something to read during my spare time (which is hardly).

I just bought a box load from ebay, wish I hadnt cause they look soooo old!!!

This book is FAB! I bought it on ebay though as they didn't have any in the local bookshops here!

I bought this book today and I can't wait to start reading it as everyone is so happy with it within this forum. I look forward to posting my views of the book soon. YAY hopefully it will help me out!

can anyone tell me some practical hints they learnt perhaps for behaviour control or disciplining from 2-5 from this or other books please as i cant read them currently

If you look up pinky mckay online (triple w pinky mckay dot com dot au) there are some quick tips on toddler taming there Sue ;-)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

BellyBelly Articles

Loads of articles on the BB main site for all things baby, toddler and child, and many articles from Pinky.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Just ordered this book from ebay! cant wait to read, i hope it will also help me in my professional work

I got this book yesterday and am LOVING it so far.
    Must give it to my mother to read as she insists on me letting little one "cry it out".

Sue x

Posting to subscribe. My buttons are hidden : ) Off to add it to my lists of must read/must buy books.

Thxs Shelly's share, it's very useful for parents and can easy to get. babies are the best copyist, they can remember parent's behavior and then copy, so we parents shoud be the good model.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123