Thread: Sheyne Rowley's "Dream Baby Guide"

Default Sheyne Rowley's "Dream Baby Guide"

Has anyone else read/used this book? I went to a free parenting seminar at my local shops today and went to Sheyne's sleep session. I was pleasantly surprised, I was expecting the usual, let them cry or patting etc...

I bought the book and have started reading and am excited to maybe have some good ideas to help my Ds2 sleep between. The basic premise seems to be understanding your baby's sleep needs and setting a "routine" to match, setting up verbal cues/communication, removing parent provided sleep associations and replacing them with child provided sleep associations.

There are two phases to "sleep repair", homework and creating harmony, I'm
    excited to start my homework, I actually feel hopeful!!!

That's cool it was free

I would be interested to what you think after reading the book as we have a loooonnnnggggg struggle to get DS1 to day sleep or go to sleep before 10pm every night. It's so tiring and he's mostly in with us, which is fine. I would love for him to he happy about sleep though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the book, nor have I read it, but it was recommended to me through Mum, by someone she works with who highly recommends it. If that helps any.

Struggling with sleep in our house so curious to hear how you got on Amaunet?

I'm also curious. Would love to know if you find anything helpful in it. So far I've only read Pinky McKay & Elizabeth Pantleys books.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Last I heard of her years ago was about her and Tizzie getting legal about who was THE 'Baby Whisperer'! Crazy what goes on in the baby industry, the things I have heard lol....
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team