Thread: Sleeping Like A Baby: Simple Sleep Solutions For Infants And Toddlers

Default Sleeping Like A Baby: Simple Sleep Solutions For Infants And Toddlers

I am looking for a book to help bub sleep better. A few people recommended Pinky McKay. Is "Sleeping Like A Baby: Simple Sleep Solutions For Infants And Toddlers" a good one?

Also, is "100 ways to calm the crying" any good?

I have a 30% voucher for Borders and feel like shopping!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Absolutely, Pinky's books are great for sleep stuff! If you want to look at extras for infants/sleep, What Every Parent Needs to Know (covers all behaviours/common probs from birth up to childhood), The Wonder Weeks, Why Love Matters, Helping Your Baby to Sleep by Anni Gethin and Beth MacGregor.... all brilliant.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Both Pinky's books are excellent, they were my bibles for the first few months. So big YES to both from me
    Elizabeth Pantley's books are great too, as it Heart to heart parenting by Robin Grille

have fun at borders!

Ta for the extra titles! I ordered the science of parenting (what every paent needs to know) last week, just waiting for it to arrive. The local library has non of these, so just slowly accumulating them. Then i can lend them to mates when they looking for something!

I likes Pinkys book to read, it was good, but I found the the Elizabeth Pantley No cry sleep solution had more practical solutions for me... Pinkys just made me feel good about that I was doing... Have a look through them before you buy them and see which resonates with you more. Have fun shopping!! xo

^ Ditto to rufalina.

Pinky does have some concrete ideas which can be easy to forget (eg. are your baby's feet cold?) but I found E Pantley offered me more things to "try".

Oohh, Kate the Science of Parenting is EXCELLENT! As are all of the Pinky MacKay books.
    I am also reading the Attachment Parenting book by Dr William Sears and that one is lovely too!

Can't wait to hear what you think about the Science of Parenting!
    Sue x

I finished reading Sleeping like a Baby, and have just gone back to reading the Science od Parenting (i browsed through it when i first got it). Your thread inspired me to go back and read it properly!

Hehe, I love love love that book. I found it recommended here too. Thank god for BB.
    I quote bits out of the science of parenting to my mother when she questions things I do with missy.
    I just love the fact that it is backed up with research and isn't just someone's opinion on things. The last few pages are just lists and lists of articles and studies. It's brilliant!

Sue x

I just got my 'science of parenting' book back from a friend, can't wait to get back into it again....as well as my Sleeping like a Baby (pinky) and No-Cry Sleep Solution (E Pantley).....I love all my books....just to help remind me all the time that I am doing it RIGHT! (for me!)

E Pantley has a whole range of No-Cry books...I also have No-Cry Seperation Anxiety Solution and it has some great ideas in it too....even for separating for sleep

I have the No cry book by E Pantley too and have bookmarked sooooo many of the pages and chapters - it's a beautiful book.

I really liked Baby Love until i got to the end of the chapter on sleep and she describes how to do controlled crying and that she thinks that it can't do any harm to a child who is loved. That totally put me off. I went through the book thinking what a great book and then BANG, CC right there!!!! Hmpf!

S X

S X