Thread: Some parenting books that have influenced how I parent

Default Some parenting books that have influenced how I parent

There are three particular books that have profoundly influenced the way I parent. The first one Children Are from Heaven: Positive Parenting Skills for Raising Cooperative, Confident, and Compassionate Children: John Gray has some really good ideas, and information, especially in helping to understand how we are all different personality types, and what worked for one child, won't work for another because they are different kids.

The second Boundaries with Kids: When to yes, when to say No to help children gain control of their lives Cloud and Townsend - has made the most significant impact on my parenting. It gives practical and gentle advice - and speaks specially about actions and consequences.

The third I recommend to any mother who has a daughter, Celebrating Girls: Nurturing and Empowering Our Daughters:Virginia Beane Rutter . Living in a world where we seemed to have forgotten the importance of celebrating our womanhood, its a beautiful example of how important it is, and talks about how many cultures celebrate and rejoice their girls. Can't recommend this book enough!

Thanks for sharing those Vick.. I'll have to go searching for them!!!

Thanks Vicky- the celebrating girls in particular sounds wonderful!

I love Steve Biddulph. I have read both Raising Boys and Raising Girls and am now reading The Secret of Happy Children.