Thread: ARGHHH! So so so ANGRY

Default ARGHHH! So so so ANGRY

I'm so angry at the moment I just need to vent!!!!

I have three kids aged 7,5 and 11months (all boys)
    I work part time (weekends) so that I can spend time at home with the baby. I start at 3pm friday night and work untill 10am Sat then 8am till 5pm Sunday. So I am out of the house all weekend. Hubby looks after the boys when I'm at work..... yes I am grateful he does it.
    Today I started back at university. I have almost finished second year of a three year degree. Anyway I went back to uni today and was out of the house from 8:15am and got home at 9pm. Hubby is a full time student. He has classes on Tue, Wed, Thrs. He dosen't work or earn any wage.

So I'm ****ed off because I got up at 6 this morning, got all three kids ready, took them to daycare/school then spent two hours on public transport to uni. Sat in lectures, spent time in the library. did tutes etc etc etc then sat on public transport home which took three hours dur to cancelations. WHen I get home hubby had dpone NOTHING!!!!!

All three kids were out of the house from 8:15 (when I took them to daycare/before school care) untill 5:30 when he picked them up!

He SAID he would hand the 1/2 load of towel from the washing machiene..... I just did that! He SAID he would put away the budding he was using whilelaying on the couch to watch a movie. I JUST DID IT!
    HE SAID he would make the kids lunch's.... nope I did that too! He fed them oven baked chips for dinner..... didn't bother giving them meat or veg or salad! How freakin hard is it to make a salad??? I just put his breakfast + Lunch + Dinner dish's in the dishwasher, braught in the dty washing, folded it, put it away. All this took me 1hour!!!! 1 hour after I am exhausted from the day!!! He didn't get his lazy arse of the couch all day!!!

I'd give almost anything to have ONE hour.... One hour with no kids and no responsibility and some ME time..... I don't get it. He didn't even get his lazy arse out of bed to help me get the kids ready for school in the morning. I called home at 7:40pm and the kids were still up, not bathed and playing. THEY GO TO BED AT 7PM on a school night! I HAD TO tell him to bath them.... Hi DIDN"T bath the 11 month old..... He told the two older ones to bath themself..... I can tell because I just cleaned water from everywhere in the bathroom!!!! Now ne is all nesteled up in bed asleep! And he had the ordasity to say "Night Jules, I'm tired! I'm going to bed. Keep it down so I can sleep!!!" AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You poor thing. Is he like this all the time or was it a temporary glitch? He sounds like he needs a serious kick up the arse. If my partner did that, he'd find his bags packed on the front verandah.

Im sorry but I had to laugh i know how frustrating that is.... My husband calls "my time to have a shower" babysitting..... wtf? parents dont babysit their own kids...lol

Good to know their are other "useless" hubbys out there... MAde my day

I still love him though.... lol

Oh I wouldnt be keeping it down.. You have every right to be annoyed.

I don't know what else to say really. Maybe sit him down and say either help or I will hire someone to help (even if you don't mean it)

i totally sympathise with you.
    Hope he picks up his act soon. xx

Call an ambulance. Surely he is dead or dying?!?!?

it is soooo frustrating isn't it.

My husband started to get like this too (although he does work), but eventually i just had to give him the ultimatum (even though i didn't really mean it). I told him he had to start helping me with ds or he could pack his crap and leave cause it was like I was a single mum anyway.

It worked for me and I have trained dh nicely into a routine, without him even really reaslising it (it did take some time and some nagging). it was the only way I could do it because he just WOULD NOT listen to me when I was trying to ask him i needed help.

good luck

DP is pretty good on the housework front and really good on the cooking front BUT I do have to chuck tanties to get him to listen about other stuff. I'm naturally a very calm, mild-mannered person so when I chuck a tanty people take notice and it gets a MUCH quicker result with DP than days of gentle reminders. I don't particularly like doing it, but honestly, it just works and it works quickly.

Thanks everyone,
    I have calmed down now..... well kind of
    DH is usually pretty good but it's like he's gone on vacation over the last week... Hmmm hopefully the tanti I chucked last night will bring him back to reality. If not..... well... Hopefully I won't have to deal with that
    Thanks for your replies..... sometimes it just helps to vent.