Thread: I just joined the "bad mother club"

Unhappy I just joined the "bad mother club"

...cos DS fell out of his pram!!!! I was at my parents and as per usual, wrapped him up and laid him flat in his pram. Can't do up the straps when he is wrapped. Checked on him a few times - fast asleep.

THEN ... heard this strange muffled cry - ran to the dining room, looked in the pram - no baby!!! He was lying still wrapped face down on the carpet howling He had wiggled down and fallen out the end. He cried like his heart was breaking (mine certainly was) but soon calmed down. No bumps/scraped/visible marks and lots of smiles since - hopefully no damage done I then had to ring DH and confess my mishap

I feel soooooo awful - we set the portacot up straight away - no more sleeping in the pram at nana's!!!!

oh dear... glad there were no bumps or bruises. That sort of thing gives you a fright hey.

I never strapped mine in when stationary at nana's either. But if we were going along I found a way of using the straps (minus the shoulder straps) just to prevent sliding. I guess I should do that when stationary too huh.. I will remember for next bub

Oh no! Big hugs. Think of it as a warning - no real consequence has come of it and know you know it can happen.

When we moved to a stroller with DS at about 18 months I took him to a market. I didn't strap him in as I thought he would be fine. Then we hit a rock and he catapulted out. Lots of tears but luckily no injuries. Now we strap every time no matter what. These things happen but you are not a bad mother of course.

you poor thing
    I have to confess,
    yesterday i was unclipping her from the pram and the clip slipped out of my hands and got her little arm, oh how she screamed, i couldnt work out why until i looked at her arm and seen the pinch marks i felt soo bad, i almost cried with her

Definitely not a bad mum, just one who had a mishap!

Unfortunately these things happen and I am positive, scar us more than the kids!

Don't be so hard on yourself! If my son fell out of his stationary pram because I hadn't strapped him in, would you call me a bad mum? These things happen, though we try to keep our kids safe when we remember, we're as human as anyone. Hope you're feeling okay about things.

Oh darl, you are SO not a bad mum for that! The things they do sometimes, you just don't know they're going to do it. We never did up the straps if we were stationary / visiting either

OUCH Stevie, I've done that too I felt like the worst mum in the world, but quick cuddles and kisses, and all was forgotten (on Jazzy's end at least ). We're not the first and won't be the last to do it.

CF, you're not a bad mummy We all do this kind of stuff. No harm, no foul, as they say. Just the other day I clipped dd's tummy skin into the capsule clip as i was doing her up She screamed, I cried, then ds cried too, because mummy was crying

One little mistake and you're a bad mother? - pfft!

Heeey....what bad mother??? I can't see any??????

If he was older and walking around and tripped over a toy and split open his lip....would you be a bad mum for not removing the toys "incase"......accidents happen. Not like you put him in the pram to see if he would fall out......

You are doing a fab job....becuase you care......

xxxx

I know how you feel . I bit DS finger one day when I was changing his nappy. I was making biting faces at him, and he suddenly stuck his finger in my mouth. I haven't done it since, his finger was red for ages and he cried. Accidents do happen, although I wondered how I would explain it to the doctor if he had needed treatment .

murraysmum Guest

i neve straped my ds when he was asleep stationary either ur not a bad mum these things happen