Thread: I just saw blue

Unhappy I just saw blue

Okay I am really upset at my behaivour today!!!

Trying frantacially to get out the door with Aiden and Charlotte- can't find my keys!!! Spent half an hour trying to convience Aiden to put his shoes on! Still can't find my keys -getting annoyed.... Charlotte vomits on herself and me - change her clothes..... still can't find my keys... put her down on her play mat- she cries- pick her up she vomits again! Change her again... Got Aidens shoes on.... Looking in my bag for my stupid keys- Aiden picks up a blue crayon and draws all over the carpet ..... OMG ..... So I got upset got a cloth and tried madly to get it off- he jumps on the lounge so now I yell (well done me ) ... he yells back - charlotte is crying... pick her up she vomits everywhere again!!! I trip over a toy - then I kick it(well done me again ) change her - Aiden is crying cause his mum is carrying on like the 2 year old..... Go back into lounge room Aiden pulls sunscreen out of my bag and decides to use it- I kept please put that back please put that back -find keys - please put that back - so I snatch it out of his hand!!! AGain well done me.......

So I decide after an hourof mayheme and tears the kids can have a sleep..... I can reflect on all the STUPID reactions I just showed!!! I am ashamed of myself for getting so cranky!!! All I wanted was for all us to go to the shop to buy some easter materials to make presents for his friends at Child care.......

Just needed to vent

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Hugs its normal to get so annoyed when you just cant get a simple task done!! Trust me been there done that, I have snapped at silly things!!

Get a drink and a snack and sit and relax.

xoxo

Every now and then we have to allow ourselves a moment to let off steam. I know I have had many moments like you described. Remember you have two very young children and probably aren't getting a huge amount of sleep. Give those lovely bubbas some extra special cuddles today. They'll make everyone feel so much better xx

Dont beat your self up about it..

i have had many of break downs, for very trivial things such as cant locate the hairbrush i like (have got at least 8 others) not being able to find keys etc

the hair brush one has occured many times and still has the same effect... its quite insame actually

anyway what im saying is everyone has moments and no one is perfect

Hugs hun, a good nap for them and they will wakeup refreshed and this morning will be forgotten

for you a cuppa and come choc might help xox

It's completely normal. Don't be too hard on yourself. I hope the rest of your day goes better, and you got some time to sit and relax.

xox

Thanks ladies xxx had a cuppa and some chocolate...... mad woman has left the building

I've melted down before and it's so hard to snap out of it hey. Instead of beating yourself up, why don't you give some constructive reflection a go - to work out strategies to stay calm.

On reflection for me - I get out of control when I keep trying to achieve my goal. Like - I'm trying to read an email, and I have kids poking me and 'tickling aka scratching' me and thinking it's funny when I gently push them away and say not now, and so they come harder and here I am trying to read this email and I push a bit harder and then I accidentally push them over and then they cry so I apologise and pick them up but they're cranky and hit me and then I get cranky too.
    When I reflect on what happened, I realise the wise thing to do would be to just postpone what I'm trying to do - first give them a snack and read them a book and then read the email. Sit them in front of the tv with a drink and then keep getting their stuff for playgroup - it won't kill us to be late, but I could do some damage if I can't stay calm.

You are a great mummy and everyone has bad days...my poor hubby thought he had come home to the wrong house on Monday when I handed him the baby the minute he walked through the door and went into the spare room and bawled my eyes out...I felt better after it though. We are so tough on ourselves sometimes. Glad you are feeling better now

OMG - are you peeking in my windows? That sounds exactly like my normal day!! LOL Except I have another kid to add into the mix and frustration as well (but the vomiting - yup, thats spot on here!!)

I just keep telling myself that I'll be a better mummy tomorrow, and thats what I strive for. The kids are so little now, they won't remember an odd "mad" mummy moment, but they will remember the love you show them on a daily basis. Well - thats what I'm hoping for anyway.. lol