Thread: i need help:(

Unhappy i need help:(

So dd iss 11months has some issues with pinching and hitting..and its usually/mainly me shes doing it too... ive tried a few different things but nothing seems to be working..

What i mainly do is say NO in a firm voice and remove her from the problem whether it be me who she was pinching i would sit her down on the ground away from me.. but this seems to make her scream and cry and carry on and she'll come back to me pinching and hitting even harder so the cycle begins again of saying no blah blah i have nothing left what do i do!!!!!! i feel terrible i can't fix this

over the last few weeks or even months she is getting really clingy i find it hard to even put her down at timesm she chuck big wobblies and screams and cries when i cant pick her up or i walk away from her...she has just gotten her 1st tooth and started walking and lately its been verry full on !! and shes become verry demanding aand wingy and she never use to be like this please help

Sounds like there's a lot going on for her now and she's having a little spike in separation anxiety.
    How are you going? Are you very busy with other things? Sometimes the best way to deal with this is to slow down and just spend some quiet, quality time with your baby. It really helps to reassure them and help them regain that equilibrium. You may find then that she's happier to do things on her own and less whingy - it's like they just need little top-ups of mummy-time.

I'm not sure about the pinching and hitting. I know DS still does that sort of thing at times, and it's usually with me. I think it's when he's particularly tired and/or frustrated about something - he needs a release and he feels safest to do it with me, i guess. Lucky me! He's more into kicking and headbutting though

Take care ~~

Thx so much for ur reply hun
    there is alot going on at the moment. . im still at home living with my family for the time been. they dont support how i raise dd eg co-sleeping etc and my mum seems to think that, my style of parenting is to blame for her being so clingy and anxious

im trying to find more time to reasure dd but i just dont no ..
    the hitting pinching thing seems to be gettibg worse but can seem to find a solution.. i know she understands no but pushes the boundaries lol

We are going through the same thing. DD2 is VERY clingy atm. I am pretty sure it is a developmental phase that most babies go through. I know a few of my baby buddies are experiencing the same thing. DD2 wants to be held and clings to my leg following me around if she is on the ground. I vaguely remember DD1 doing the same thing at a similar age. I have lent my wonder weeks book to a friend, but i am sure it says they can become clingy around this time as they are about to achieve big milestones such as walking.

As for the hitting and pinching my little munchkin is guilty of that too. I think it is part of the process of learning that their actions have a result. DD2 thinks it is hysterical. She loves to slap my face and grab my nose. I tell her 'gentle' and show her how to be gentle. She is laughing and thinks it's fun, but i am hoping my gentle encouragement will sort it out soon.

I don't think your DD's behavious is out of the norm, and i certainly don't think it has anything to do with the way you are parenting.

I too am living with my folks at the moment, so a big hug for all the trials and tribulations that brings too!

I'd say it's primarily an age thing - the clingyness and the biting.
    I think people get cause and effect mixed up when judging parenting sometimes You're a responsive parent and she needs reassurance from you - even more right now but that wil pass quicker the more time you have for her.

At that age DS was the same. He grew out of it, and your little one will too - take care of yourself in the meantime and don't second guess yourself, just keep doing what feels right. Do you get much time out for yourself? I'm guessing you're not getting much personal recharge time...? That would probably help too.

DS was hitting and bitting about the same age so I also agree that it is a phase. I also told him to be gentle and that it hurt me and put him on the floor when he went too far (or when I had lost my patience with being hit/bit for the 50th time in 5 mins ) it does pass eventually. (he is hitting again but we are at a whole different level of understanding)

FWIW I also co-sleep and parent in a gentle way and DS has only just become clingy so I don't think your parenting style has anything to do with it... all babies hit/bit and are clingy at one stage or another

I could have written your exact post. Must be the age as well.

Hi hun, No real help here. I just wanted to say I think it is an age thing- tbh, i found the ages between 10 months and 13 months to be awful with ds. Hang on in there

we have the same, DD slaps my chest when feeding etc... also VERY clingy