Thread: losing my patience

Default losing my patience

I really feel at the moment that I'm doing a bad job. DD is just pushing all the wrong buttons, and DS is just super clingy. We've had a really bad day. I hate shouting, I don't want to be one of those mum's that shouts, but I did today. A few times, not just once. And then I get cross when she shouts at me to go away, but I'm not being a very good example. I don't know how to balance the needs of them both, and I feel like I'm failing them both. I think DD needs a lot more structured play but I've got to deal with DS too. But more and more at the moment, I put the tv on so I can just have a cup of tea and read my book. I need that space but its not helping the issues, so I'm needing that space even more. Its like a vicious downward spiral.

Vent over, thanks!

Hey SammyRo,

I sympathise with you! We all have good & bad days. Sometimes our bad days continue for a few days, weeks even. The most important thing to remember is that we are only human. We can only deal with so much until we crack & start losing our marbles!!! It happens to the best of us - don't think that you're a bad mother. You're a NORMAL mother. lol

Do you think something like a playgroup or a scheduled playcentre day, or regular coffee catch up with a friend who has LO the same age would be something that you could all benefit from?

Just something that gets you all out the house, some fresh air, a new environment, for the LO's to burn off some energy & you to shake off the cabin fever?

xx

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone...

Huge hugs, you aren't alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yules View Post
    Huge hugs, you aren't alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My words
    Exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk xoxox

I have lots of days were it feels like all I do is yell your not alone

Me too. I have days where I just want to lock the kids in their room and have a break. Many for you hun

You are not alone. I feel like I am the same way all the time atm.