Thread: She is driving me up the wall!!!

Unhappy She is driving me up the wall!!!

DD2 that is.

For around 4-5 months now she has been so clingy and whingy. And I'm nearly at the end of my rope, patience wise.

She's so clingy that we can't put her down or she has a huge meltdown. She threw a big one yesterday over nothing and the meltdown was so bad that she wouldn't calm down, even though I remained calm and took her into the bedroom and sat on the bed with her and kept telling her (calmly - which is weird for me!) to please calm down, its ok etc. Nothing worked, and I was so sick of the bloody screaming that I gave her a couple of sprays of my rescue remedy stuff. And even that didn't calm her down.

She has to be attached to us at all times. I put some washing on the line today - with her in my arms. I went to the toilet to do a crap and put her on the floor to wipe and she cracked it. I'm just so over it, and I hate that feeling, but I just don't really want to be around her. She stresses me out. And I feel bad that i'm short with the other kids, because my patience has already been fried - IYKWIM?

Yesterday arvo I went into the ensuite and saw that the heat light had been left on from DS. It had probably been on for hours and those things are expensive. We have told him thousands of times that its not a regular light, it generates heat so please turn it off.

So I cracked it. I went out to the lounge room and asked him if he had left it on, he said yes, and I smacked him So he was bawling, DD2 was screaming, the baby had woken up and she was crying - arghh what a crappy moment.

So I'm not doing a great job at parenting at the moment, I feel guilty that I only really get to hold the baby whilst feeding her, because all my time is spent with DD2. And its not a jealousy thing because its been going longer than DD3 has been here for.

I know its a phase and it will pass, but I'm really struggling to keep my cool these days. DS said yesterday that he was thinking of getting a new mummy because he doesn't like having a mummy that gets angry when he's naughty (he was devastated when I informed him that most mummies get angry when their kids are naughty!!! Even Sterla (so sterla, he wanted to live with you yesterday, just giving you a heads up!))

I don't like being angry. I hate having no patience, but after months and months of a little cling on whinging and screaming whenever it looks like I'm going to make a move away from her - I'm tired.

Just needed a vent. Thanks for listening!!

Oh sweetie, couldn't read and not reply. Big hugs to you lovely, and you are by no means doing a crappy job as a parent! You're a supermum in my eyes Would it help if you did a few things where you could make your DD2 feel all grown up and independent and maybe she would not be so clingy? Dunno hun, I'm not speaking from experience, just a thought Hope it gets better for all of you soon, big hugs

You poor chicken . I totally understand why you'd be feeling frustrated and short fused! It's such hard work sometimes, it sounds like you had a spectacular day of it yesterday . I had one of those on Friday, I was so highly strung by the end of the day!

You rock as a Mum and I'm not just saying that . Yes, it will get better, but huge hugs and support for you while you're going through it . Vent any time, it's good for the soul .

Can you have some "me" time on the weekend while your DH looks after the kids for a couple of hours? DH did this for me on Saturday after my [email protected] day on Friday and I felt sooooo much better . Sometimes we just need to get away from it all, even just for a couple of hours!

You are an ace mummy. Infact in my eyes you are a super mummy! If I can be half the mum you are I would be happy!
    It's a hard job on a good day let alone a bad day! Give ur self a break chicken... Don't make me come over there!!
    I love you - you know I'm always here xo

Oh Mel, big hugs sweet You are not doing a crappy job of parenting, I mean you have 4 kidlets to run around after, who wouldnt get frustrated and angry at times! I do know what it's like to have a cling on, so I can understand your frustration there. I just keep thinking to myself 'this too shall pass' and know that one day she will be strong and independent from all the love and affection she has received.

You are doing a great job, don't ever forget that, ok?! We all have our buttons, and it just seems as though all of yours are pushed right now

Hope your day improves, hun. It's hard to keep your cool when your patience has worn thin. I only have one to manage atm and there are days where I'm apologising for getting too cross and losing my cool over little things. I wish I could have a time out sometimes!

At least you're aware of it. I often think that's gotta mean you're doing your best to manage how you feel.

Ugh I hear ya hun. And my Klingon can usually be put down for short periods!!!

I'm feeling a bit stressed by DD ATM - extreme boundary pushing. And as a result I am snappy and short fused with the Klingon. Today I growled at him because he wouldn't get his hands out of the way while I was changing his nappy... He's 11mths old, he has only recently just figured out how to work his hands, what do I expect? As soon as I said it I smacked my mental self around a bit... Idiot.

It'll get better... It has to!

Thanks guys

I'm on my phone so can't type out a big reply - but just wanted to say thanks. Xxxx

Massive hugs Mel!

You are certainly under the pump and it can certainly be tough when one kid is going through a clingy phase...

But you still rock in my books hun !

I will have her....

Ya know what ? You rock !
    xoxo

Ah yes I hear you! I have had "Mummy where are you?" as my constant companion - she's driving me batty! It will pass but it is really annoying when you are in the moment

Naww, hugs Mel. I have no worldly advice, I'm a screaming banshee most days with just the 3 of mine. You're doing a brilliant job. It's tough. She should grow out of it soon. Liam is going through a stage of wanting me to carry him everywhere, but he's almost 3!!
    I hope she gets over it asap for everyone's sanity!

No advice, just wanted to give you a big it so hard when they are clingy, MJ is completely impossible and whingy at times and I struggle with her and a baby, you are doing a great job.

We are all going to have days that we look back on and say, I was a crap mum then (I have many) but I reckon there are more days tgat you and your kids are going to look back on and say, that was Awesome or I have the best mummy... These are the ones we need to hang on to xx

Is there a special game or activity that you could create that she needs to do independently? MJ responds if she thinks that she is doing a big girl games or using something big girls do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

it must be so hard with four. i struggle with my two, i cant imagine having another pair!! your doing a great job, even if it doesnt feel like it! hope you can get a break or something! big hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahzara View Post

Ya know what ? You rock !
    xoxo
    Well said Jahzara!

Oh hun, it's a tough gig! I know Miss E has been driving you crazy for months, you deserve a medal for dealing with her! Any time you need a break, you know where I live - seeing as she tends to leave you alone a bit more when she's here. Anything else I can do, let me know!