Thread: Sometimes I get sick of being "needed".

Default Sometimes I get sick of being "needed".

DS is really clingy today. He was in the sling all morning, which wasn't so bad (thank you det) and slept off and on until I got him down and managed to have a shower.

Since then he has been dozing, feeding or grizzling, either in his cot or my arms. He hasn't slept for longer than about 20mins and is not his usual happy self.

He feeds and goes to sleep but wakes up as soon as I put him down. I then cuddle and rock and get him back to sleep and then he wakes as soon as I try to get him back down and we're back to square 1.

I know he's probably growth spurting, teething, developmental milestoning or something but I'm just getting a bit over him being so needy.

I also know housework doesn't matter but I get a sinking feeling when I think of all the dishes sitting there, along with three loads of wet washing that I planned to hang out this morning so it would dry in the nice weather today.

I just haven't had a chance to get outside and hang it out. I haven't had a chance to do anything since I showered. I've only just had lunch, which i ate while he grizzled on the floor.

I feel terrible because I know he needs me right now for whatever he is going thru but it's just starting to wear on me.

Thank goodness DD has been really great and just about looking after herself or I'd be going insane.

Sorry for the whinge. Just tired and over it and sick of DH working all the time!!!!

Big I know that feeling and I only have one child.

I hope you can get some time to yourself soon

I know what you mean hope you get some you time soon

Thanks ladies. He's asleep on my lap atm. Might try and transfer him.

Yay DH is home. Might get a chance to hang out my washing yet.

Thanks for reading...

huge hugs huni. i hope you can get 5 mins to sort what you need out. take care xox

i feel ur pain hun... hope he settles soon n u can do wat u need to do n hav a break

Massive hugs Hun. Not much I can say except that I completely understand the feelings you describe.
    Sometimes you just need some time to yourself, I hope you can get some soon. I'm glad to hear your dd is being good for you.

Xoxo

I know how you feel, big hugs to you. My kids are a little older, so they're kind of more independant, but I'm really struggling with being their own personal Chef right now. Seriously, I feel like all day it's just them nagging me and nagging for food or to make them something. Aaaagggghhh!! So yes.....I know they need food, still it gets a bit frustrating every now and then Lol. On the upside, glad DD is being good for you, and hope DS settles soon