thread: Why am I the lucky one...

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

On a good note.....they wont be like that when there teenagers right....we can sleep then
    No Minny apparently that's when we stay up all night sick with worry if they're out somewhere that they are going to get hurt or something!!!

Maybe we won't sleep at all for like the next 20years. That's a pleasant thought... No wonder my mum was always so grumpy

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. This morning I checked fb and another friend who has a bub same age as DS and was just as bad a sleeper had put up "more than 7hrs sleep for the first time in 8.5mths = bliss!"

And I am so insanely jealous. I was up with DS from 11pm til 1am, then he woke at 3am and he slept with us which means I don't really sleep, more like doze. At least I was lying down...

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2009
    Back in the bush Capital

Yep, another crap sleeper here. And teething too so the last two weeks if I get even one hour of uninterrupted sleep I'm excited.

No magic answers, just hugs to say you're not alone xox

Oh, and he has a respiratory infection so from about 4am has to sleep on me. With me sitting up. So I can't even lie down (the hysterical laughter of a deliriously tired mummy)

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2009
    Mooroopna

No Minny apparently that's when we stay up all night sick with worry if they're out somewhere that they are going to get hurt or something!!!

Maybe we won't sleep at all for like the next 20years. That's a pleasant thought... No wonder my mum was always so grumpy

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. This morning I checked fb and another friend who has a bub same age as DS and was just as bad a sleeper had put up "more than 7hrs sleep for the first time in 8.5mths = bliss!"

And I am so insanely jealous. I was up with DS from 11pm til 1am, then he woke at 3am and he slept with us which means I don't really sleep, more like doze. At least I was lying down...
    LMAO this is true! We are all screwed then

I Loathe those FB updates about how well everyone else kids are sleeping

Mar 2007

Awww that's why FB status's are a bad idea!!!!

Sorry to hear OP. My 2.2yr old still wakes once a night, every night (between midnight and 1am) like it's a habit.....and we've always done the gentle parenting/co-sleeping thing etc, it's just a matter of time until she just realises hey, why not sleep ALL night long I'm still waiting...... waiting..... she's in her own room in her own big bed (has been for months) for half the night at least until she comes into us. We figure, she just loves her mummy and daddy soooo much and misses us, so needs those cuddles....and she is only little once.....so it doesn't bother us too much. Although I really would love a FULL nights sleep just ONCE before baby comes along......

I'm up every 2-3hrs at the moment anyway being heavily pregnant (one very active baby in my tummy) so very sleep deprived ready for that newborn period again.....

big hugs!!