Thread: 3yr olds and putting things in their mouths.

Default 3yr olds and putting things in their mouths.

I am looking for input from others in regards to their children and experiences with eating/chewing objects.

My 3yr old boy still likes to put anything and everything into his mouth, it seems purely for enjoyment. He knows he is not allowed to do so and gets in trouble when he has chewed on his books etc, he just really likes putting things in his mouth.

Has anyone else had a child his age that does the same or similar? If so what did you do about it, if anything and if they are now older, when did/have they grow/n out of it? Was/is there an actual reason why they done so?

Damprye- my oldest son is almost 3 (3 in april) and he still insists on putting things in his mouth also, i also tell him not to do this and i will take the toy(s) away from him until he learns not to put them in his mouth not that this works all the time though, my son also likes to constantly have his fingers in his mouth too which drives me crazy when he is trying to talk to you :|

It would be fantastic to also get some advice on what to do with this too

Damprye sorry im not helping you, i just also would like some adice on how to stop this annoying habbit

That is fine it is good to know that yours isn't the only one doing so

Default Re: 3yr olds and putting things in their mouths.

MrJ has ADHD and ASD(2), part of that is also PICA. He seeks oral stimulations and eats non-food items. He is 8 at the time of writing this. Still my lil mischief maker and love him to bits of course