Thread: The Balancing Act

Default The Balancing Act

So I'm interested I'm suggestions, examples etc.

I have a 2.5yo and a 9mo.

How do you balance attention between your children?

Both my girls are pretty easy going, happy little munchkins, but I feel like they both need more stimulation and time from me. I am a SAHM, so I am with them all day everyday, but it still doesn't feel enough.

Dd1 is particularly clingy at the moment and wants me all the time, which whilst dd2 is sleeping (2 naps a day) I do spend one on one time with her. I like her to create and explore without me too, which she is happy to do. I have noticed though when I am not spending as much time (as in if I have to do some work from home) she has a lot worse attitude. She loves to help me clean, cook and garden so that's not so much of the problem. I read to her, she draws, paints, plays playdoh etc. but is till feel like she wants more from me.

This leads me to dd2. Dd1 is quite advanced for her age, and I don't know if it was because she was the first child and received sole attention, but dd2 does lag a bit behind not severely, and I know each child is different, but I feel like maybe I haven't done enough with her and that's why she's not as quick? The problem is when I try to read to her, dd1 is in there in the way too. This translates to any attention I give to dd2, dd1 is in her face as well. Dd2 yells out a lot, and I believe it's because that's how she is trying to demand attention. I just don't know how else to do it?

Are these common problems? How do you balance attentions?

Default Re: The Balancing Act

Sounds pretty common. Just keep doing what you are doing, its a lot more than my kids get - I do have slightly more children wanting my attention though lol