Thread: Do you think dads love their children differently to mums?

Default Do you think dads love their children differently to mums?

Or is it just that all people love their children differently to all other people?

It just seems to me, not that my children rule my life, but that my happiness is very linked to them, and whilst I am always failing to meet my ideal as a parent, I am always trying and very conscious of them during my whole day whether they are with me or not.

This could be that they are my job - as a SAHM.

Do you just think that, as a rule, men are less preoccupied by their children?

Default Re: Do you think dads love their children differently to mums?

All people are different. I know plenty of mums who love differently to me. Not in a bad way. Just differently. I know DH prioritises me because he says I prioritise him and the kids and if he didn't no one would... Lol. But that doesn't mean the kids aren't important to him but I'm the one who worries about if they have enough clothes for the season, when their next dentist appt is etc. but he'll happily take them clothes shopping or to their dentist appt. I'm just the one that does all the stressing.

Default Re: Do you think dads love their children differently to mums?

I think all people are different . I am quite capable of forgetting that my children exist while I am away from them at work (I have a few posts in the working mummies thread about how difficult I find it to just remember to do any home stuff (organize appointments etc.) while I am at work)- but I am the more preoccupied one out of DH and I.

I think people also adopt different roles, and there is always one parent who is more preoccupied with the children than the other (one tends to be ultimately responsible) - more often than not it is the woman, but is probably linked to the working dynamic - I suspect if I had had minimal time off post birth and always worked full-time with DH having leave and working part time - that he would be more 'preoccupied'. He isn't 'preoccupied' with the children because he doesn't have to be - I am dealing with it, he on the other hand can be quite 'preoccupied' with the weather and doing the washing - and for that I am very grateful because if it was down to me I think our life washing wise would be not good at all :-)