Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else go to bed at 8pm?

Default Does anyone else go to bed at 8pm?

Glad I'm not alone! I tried going to bed at 9pm one night then 10 last night and it coincided with hourly wake ups all night so I'm going back to 8pm. I love some of the ideas in here. DH can't sleep in a room with a baby as he worries about every sound they make but I curled up with him for half an hour last night before he went to the spare bed with a cold. Reconnecting with my partner after a baby takes work! Sleep deprivation was a big factor in me getting PND last time around and I'm determined to manage it better this time plus having energy and enthusiasm for my 2 year old in the day.

my DH cannot sleep well with baby in the room either. so he has a temporary bed in the spare room that we both fall asleep in and then when DD wakes in the night I go to the main bed and usually around 4-5 for her next feed he comes in and joins us. it is so not ideal but i have found that we are both getting a better rest and there is less pressure to get DD into the Big Girls' room.

Yes when DD was younger I would go to sleep whenever she went down. If that was 7.30 then so be it. Since her nights have settled to 2-3wakeups I stay up later - to have 'me' time/clean lol
    Last edited by Rosey; April 15th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

When DD2 was younger and I was needing to go to bed earlier, what DP and I did was still go to bed together (say around 8 or 9pm instead of our usual 10 or 11pm) so we could cuddle and chat and such but then DP would get up earlier (around 4am instead of 6am) and have his alone time to game before the kids and I got up. He used to take both girls for a walk/to the grocery shops/park/yard for an hour after work so I could have a bit of wind down time then (he finishes at 3pm most days).

Yes, that's me but I go at 9pm instead of 8pm. DD is in bed by 7pm so that's 1 hour for eating/cleaning/relaxing together and 1 hour for relaxing together. Sometimes if I've had good nights I do 9:30pm.

I go to bed around 8.30-9 rarely later

Nope, I work night shifts and am lucky to get to sleep before 1am usually

11pm is pretty early here. Has been 1-2 of late.
    When exhausted 930-10 might work with a sleeping pill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12