Thread: How to make kid like bathing?

Default How to make kid like bathing?

Hello, Iím new here and I seek for your help. I have really serious problem and I donít know how to find answers to it. My baby is one years old and she hates bathing. I asked family doctor for an advice, but I didnít get it. So I searched on the internet and found those tips on [URL="http://www.ehow.com/how_8272400_bathe-one-year-old.html"]this site[/URL]. But, unfortunately, it doesnít work. My husband also tried to do bathing instead of me, but it still the same. Few days ago I found a good article about bathing[URL="http://parentsneed.com/make-baby-bath-time-happy/"] in this site[/URL]. And I thought that I do everything correct. We have so many interesting bath toys but my little girl hates everything related to water. Maybe you have some tips or also had similar situation?

Default Re: How to make kid like bathing?

My kid hated bathing too. We had the bath temp the way the nurse told us to have it. Turns out my kid preferred it a couple of degrees cooler. Also having the water level quite low (room must be nice and warm though) and things to play with (toy watering can, plastic cups etc). Also never ever drain the bath with the kid in it. Did that once while both of us were in the bath as I thought it was safer to let the water out first before exiting. Biiig mistake. The sound of the water slurping down the drain absolutely freaked her out. Took her 3 months to get over it.

Default Re: How to make kid like bathing?

Oh another thing is feeling secure. So non slip mat, maybe a bath seat or something so they feel secure and not slipping