Thread: PPP - Triple P Parenting Program

Default PPP - Triple P Parenting Program

I've googled this and can't find any information about it in my area, I reside on the north side of Brisbane and would like to attend this course. Does anyone have any information about it? Thanks.

Go see a child health nurse in your area, they should have some information about it.
    Have you looked on teh Triple P website?

I can only find an american one? I think I have baby brain!

I'd suggest you do a google search on prof matt sanders and triple p - courses are available here in Brisbane, as far as I'm aware (I attended a 2hr seminar prof sanders took last year in Bris - was really interesting and good food for thought).

Hi I recently went to one at the child health clinic at nundah/zillmere the teacher wasn't very good but you can also hire the video from council libraries. But just call child health clinic and they will send you in the right direction.

how did you find the PPP program ?

Default Re: PPP - Triple P Parenting Program

Bump. Has anyone done this program ?

I attended a group PPP through a parent & child centre in the ACT. It was fantastic - I found it really helpful at the time, partly because I was able to take hubby & there were lots of other men there so that somehow gave it credibility in his head. If we had stayed there I think I would have gone back for a couple of refreshers. I really like that they emphasize the need to connect & enjoy your child's company, there are all sorts of benefits to the whole family. It was a few years ago now & I'm sure some of it has stuck with us. I know it's one of the parenting systems that has a strong evidence-basis, meaning the principles & tools have been studied & shown to be effective.

Thank you Marydean. I am about to start a telephone PPP, i have a workbook to go through at home and get a telephone call each week to see how things are going. I am excited, but nervous. I am glad for the telephone service, because i wasn't able to do the in person program (my partner is a shift worker) Wish me luck.

Good luck with it! The phone service might work really well because you'll get to discuss specific aspects with them. Is your partner doing the program too?

Hi. I'm looking at doing an online PPP program for convenience. Has anyone done an online version? If you have, is it beneficial? If you haven't but done a different method, do you think the online version would be okay? I haven't found any direct contact methods that I will be able to make work timewise.

This is more for the original poster (although it was a while ago), that I am pretty sure Uni of QLD actually started triple P originally in their psychology department. They have a website on it that might point Brisbane people to locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Foss View Post
    Hi. I'm looking at doing an online PPP program for convenience. Has anyone done an online version? If you have, is it beneficial? If you haven't but done a different method, do you think the online version would be okay? I haven't found any direct contact methods that I will be able to make work timewise.
    i did a telephone course. I worked through a chapter of the book each week, and had an hour one on one phone call each week. it worked great for me.