Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did your baby/toddler transition to one day nap?- I'd love some advice.

Ds is also now down to one nap too. At daycare he does 12-2 quiet time (not always asleep that whole time) and at home he goes down about 1-130pm and sleeps for usually 2 hours.

It's workin well so far

I don't know why I come into these threads. I always end up feeling ripped off at the lack of sleep of my kids.

Default Re: When did your baby/toddler transition to one day nap?- I'd love some advice.

Hoti me too. At 10 months My ds is trying to transition from 3 x 40mins a day to 2x 40 mins. Even sleep school said he is just one of those kids.

Mine were both between 12 and 14 mths from memory. At the time they went from a late morning sleep and then an arvo sleep at around 2-3 to one nap after lunch, any time from 12-1. They would get a bit tired but then it meant that they had a good afternoon sleep. All kids are different though, DS used to sleep for 3-4 hours if we let him and would still go to bed with no hassles at 7 so you just have to work out what works for you. Both of mine kept their afternoon sleep quite late, both were around 4 when we dropped it.

Default When did your baby/toddler transition to one day nap?- I'd love some advice.

Hotl and Bubba this may not be a consolation but for the first 6-7 months of DD's life she only slept for 30-40 minutes at a time. and when she was tiny she wouldn't go to sleep without a massive screaming match. every.single.time. People were telling me to let her cry it out but I wasn't comfortable with that and since she was already crying for a significant amount of time before settling I couldn't see how controlled crying would help or change anything. I'm not sure what changed things. She's super active and energetic but I'm not sure if that's a prerequisite for longer naps or if that's a myth.

Default Re: When did your baby/toddler transition to one day nap?- I'd love some advice.

I guess in a year or 2 he won't sleep during the day anyway so I can keep telling myself this to shall pass lol

Default When did your baby/toddler transition to one day nap?- I'd love some advice.

Subbing cause I'm having the same issues. If 14mo DD wakes at 6:30-7:30 she usually has a nap about 10-10:30 for anywhere up to 2 hours and also used to do an arvo nap anywhere between 40 min and 2 hours. For the last 2-3 months though it's only been the morning nap and then she's Miss Grumpy Pants later on but refuses until bedtime at 7pm. It's 5:20pm and I'm currently in the car with her asleep after doing a big drive since she refused to nap all day!

My 15 month old hasn't slept today, and is still going. He will also most probably wake multiple times over night.

They will probably sleep great as teens.

Dd went to one day sleep at around 6 months, she'd sleep a good 2hrs thru the middle of the day. Then ditched that at around 14 months and has only had the odd day nap on busy days since then.

I am NOT looking forward to the day she drops a nap altogether. She's so high energy I really crave that downtime. She's not demanding- well she can be but she's good at playing independently etc but, well you know- she's a busy, active baby!

And re my earlier comment, today she only napped for an hour and a half and you could tell it wasn't enough at the other end of the day because she was so clingy and cranky and did stupid things with her dinner and now she's in bed dog tired but kicking up a huge fuss and won't go down. I blame teething- a saw her first molar sneak out and I think another is coming as she keeps touching her cheek.

Found this and thought some of you might find it interesting

Analytical Armadillo - The Booby Whisperer: The Duracell Bunny Baby

Found this and thought some of you might find it interesting

Analytical Armadillo - The Booby Whisperer: The Duracell Bunny Baby

Thanks for posting. DS has some energiser bunny traits but only developef them at six months before that was a dream. Have found that he often needs to cry before will go to sleep. So instead of me sitting with him and waiting till I am fed up and then holding him which makes him cry as restricts his ability to mess about - I just hold him earlier and he cries for a few mins in my arms and will then sleep. I have just slowly come to realisation that he is not a lay down and go to sleep kind of child at the moment. The odd thing is he will do that in day time just not at night. He also isnt too bad overnight, is just the going to sleep bit. I wonder if it is because I am better at picking his sleep window in daytime - sometimes I suspect he goes to bed too late but when working I haven't got room to maneuver on that one.

Oh that's really interesting. DD definitely ticks all those boxes except she does not feel tense in the body/muscles (though she's always moving/fidgeting) and except she has actually and slowly gone from a classic 40 min napper to the longer hours I mentioned earlier. I wish I could say i know how!

I just had a vision of her on her first birthday- she was not the only 1 year old at her party in the park and she wasn't the only mobile 1 year old. However she was the only 1 year old running madly around the park without an iota of care regarding where her mama was. She would have just kept running/wandering into the horizon had we of let her. At one point she picked up someone's backback and there she was, wandering off into the sunset with a bag as big as she was.

Thanks for the article hotl! It's nearly all the traits of DD. I gave up on longer naps when she was younger. Just worked on the assumption of 30min naps. Anything extra is bonus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12