Thread: Birthday dinner - hit me with ideas!

Thumbs up Birthday dinner - hit me with ideas!

Its my 26th birthday on this coming thursday and I have invited my mum and dad over for dinner and I wouldnt have a clue what to do! I have 2 days to decide and I am just not feeling any inspiration...

I want to do something that is different (to me) something that is fairly simple to prepare. Maybe one of those one pot roast/bake type things but not just a standard roast as that is something that I always do...

So gimme your best birthday dinner recipes!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Lamb shanks
    Lasagna
    Chicken pasta bake
    Rolled lamb roast (stuffed with what ever)
    Chicken curry
    Beef stroganoff
    Beef red wine casserole
    Poached fish or baked fish

Happy Birthday

Maybe a rack of lamb with a herb crust. mmmmmmmmm

Happy birthday

Since it's your birthday..how about getting someone in to cook and clean up for you?

Have a great day!

if you absolutely must cook on your birthday...what about something like a salmon or chicken that you can cook on top of potatoes in the oven & then you could just make a salad to go with it.

Cook your favourite meal, whatever it is, then set the table like a kids party! We do it for family birthdays here. Party tablecloth, paper party plates, cups, party hats, small lolly bag for each family member, party blowers, poppers and some balloons and streamers up! I think last birthday we even had nanna playing pin the tail on the donkey! (I found a cheap version for about $1 at my local IGA).

Really sets the mood and we have a blast!

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday for Thursday! I am a real fan of the slow cooker! you can throw everything in the morning and by dinner you have something really yummy and tender! Good luck! Make sure you're not the one doing the washing up

Thanks for the ideas everyone!! I really want something that I can prepare and then put it in the oven or slow cooker cause I have a few things on at the moment so I want something simple!

Not totally sure what still Slow cooker sounds good or chicken on top of potatoes.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    Lamb shanks
    Lamb shanks
    Chicken curry
    Beef stroganoff
    Beef red wine casserole

Happy Birthday
    I do all of them in slow cooker!!! so yummy and easier