Thread: Bring plate

Lightbulb Bring plate

Hi,

we are having our final group therapy meeting next week and we have been asked to bring a plate of something to share.

Any suggestions, was thinking maybe something savoury as i have a feeling everyone else will bring sweets. (am more then happy to bake/make something)

mini quiche?

pizza pinwheels?

I was going to suggest mini quiches as well, and pizza pinwheels is a good idea (I'm assuming that's like little mini pizza's crumpet)?

pizza pinwheels are rolled up puff pastry with the pizza sauce, bacon and cheese - roll tightly, cut like a swiss roll about 1.5cm and then bake laying flat. made a heap at the weekend - very easy

maybe savoury muffins (cheese and corn or something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    pizza pinwheels are rolled up puff pastry with the pizza sauce, bacon and cheese - roll tightly, cut like a swiss roll about 1.5cm and then bake laying flat. made a heap at the weekend - very easy
    oh YUM!!! I want some now

vegemite scrolls Puff pastry spread with vegemite, grated cheese and baked in hot oven for 10-15mins.

Fruit platter?

Thanks for the ideas. i was thinking of maybe something like baked curry puffs or samosas maybe spring rolls. Any one have a recipe for any of them?

Curry Puffs, you could just cook some chicken and potato and peas.. Roll them raw in curry powder, cook altogether in one pot (add peas later as they are so quick to cook) and roll in more curry powder if needed.. then just spread on to puff pastry.

How about spinach and fetta filo pastries?
    Just puree or finely dice the spinach, and fetta, and ricotta, add salt, and spread into filo pastry triangles. So easy and yummy.

What about one of those dampers with a warm cheesy or spinach dip in it....or is that not really a plate thing?!? LOL

I would definitely go savoury, as I get dissappointed when most of my friends bring sweets

I make a...
    zucchini slice and slice into bite sizes pieces
    bacon and egg pastries, just cut a pastry sheet into 9 squares, pop into a miffin or cupcake tins, fill with a mix of bacon, egg, cheese, mushsoom, tomato (what ever really) and bake in a hot oven
    Zucchini, fetta and corn fritters, with a yogurt and mint dipping sauce
    Home made sausage rolls
    or if I am being a bit more fancy
    Pastry cups, filled with caramelised onion and camenbert cheess or brie and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, you can also grill chicken and add to them... sooo good

if you cook the zucchini slice in a mini muffin pan, they're perfect bite size pieces

or you could use the mini muffin pan, put puff pastry in them, and fill them with an egg, cheese, bacon, tomato onion salt and pepper mixture. They're always a hit.

Or a cob loaf??? mmm

Of i once went to something similar and someone bought home made sausage rolls. Made their own savoury mince the night before and refridgerated it so it was easy to mould. Put it in the middle of puff pastry and cooked. They were soo yummy!!

Spring rolls are also a big hit!

xx