Thread: Cheese and Fruit Platter Ideas

Default Cheese and Fruit Platter Ideas

Okay, so what do you do to make your cheese and fruit platter super spesh - apart from just the usual cheese & crackers - any recommendations on yummy cheeses, crackers or other additions to the platter????

Laurin x

Daphonoise Cheese. Yes it's pricey but it's worth it. Serve it at room temperature and with sparkling.
    Fig & Mustard Seed Chutney
    Semi Dried Muscatel Grapes
    Blue Vein Marscapone
    There's a cheese shop in brunswick I think that is awesome, as well as the cheese room @ doncaster

Steer clear of supermarket cheeses if you want to impress and if serving a blue cheese or even a semi blue always have a sweet partner like cabernet paste, muscatel grapes, fig paste etc
    Olives can be a great accompanimant to a cheese platter. And something I like to do that impresses when doing a cheese platter (moreso for before not after dinner) is to fry some chorizo slices till hot and cooked and then toss through some marinated whole olives till the olives are warm. Serve in a small decorated bowl and it is DIVINE!

Strawberries are lovely with cheese and crackers.. Sorry all I could think of.

NO ideas sorry but Rouge you have my mouth watering... *imagine homer drolling over a donut* that's ME!!