Thread: Christening Brunch

Default Christening Brunch

Hi everyone - hope you can give me your opinions please I am holding my daughters christening this Sunday and am worried about food. Do I have enough, is it good enough, will there be enough?

There will be about 45 people. We are doing brunch in the park.

So far I have:

Christening Cake - I got one that serves 30 people and it's a mud cake.
    Mixed salad and meat sandwiches - Grandma's doing these (bless her) and making 1.5 loaves
    Mixed gourmet sandwiches - I will make 2 loaves - avo/smoked salmon, chicken/cream cheese and chives, tuna with onion/capsicum/rocket and mayo
    Pate and terrine with mini toasts and bread - my Dad's wife is doing this so not sure of size
    Mini quiches - my MIL is doing these
    Savoury muffins - qty 20
    Cheese and ham crossaints - qty 20
    Spinach and Ricotta tartlets - qty 20
    Banana bread loaf - 10 slices
    Poopyseed loaf - 10 slices
    Carrot cake loaf - 10 slices
    Fruit skewers - my sister is going to make these, she'll probably do 25

What does everyone think? Too much food/not enough food? A good balance? Do I need more sweet or more savoury??

Drink wise I have heaps - everythings in bottles and there is a choice of water, soft drink and I've got poppers. Will have tea and coffee too. No alcohol as it's in a public park.

Planning on just putting everything out on the table and self serve.

Please help me, I am generally hopeless at catering events and I want it to be a success!

Thanks in advance

Omg can I come, it sounds fantastic!!! Not too little at all, and not too much, I think it will be a really good balance. Really nice food choices too

Agree with PZ. Good balance, good quantity! Mmmmmhh smoked salmon... a brunch classic. We always have our salmon with cream cheese and dill. nom nom Can I come, too?

Thanks guys

The best thing is, I don't actually think it will be THAT much work. I am just going to make everything Saturday night, I am counting on it only taking a few hours *fingers crossed* and I'll make a big list Friday night and go shopping Saturday and do the prep work on Saturday too.

I think it sounds like a perfect amount and a perfect balance of food too. I'm drooling just reading about it all. Hope you have a fantastic day on sunday!

The only thing I would say is the cake... Both my sons baptism all the people had cake and some wanted more. Maje sue you have enough

but sounds amazing!!!!