Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dip!

Default Dip!

What's your fav dip recipes? I usually just buy dips. We are going to a dinner tomorrow night and are in charge of dips, lol. I thought it would be nice to actually make them myself.

French onion - continental packet of french onion soup mix and light sour cream mixed together (easy, yum and always a winner)

I make corn relish dip! Its delish! All you do is buy a jar of corn relish ( I buy the rosela one) and then mix it with a tub of philly cheese and presto! Its SO yummy.. Infact Im going to make one today too!! MMMM

OH OH

I just remebred my famous mexican dip..

2 avacoados mashed and spread in the bottom of a dish
    Tomarto salsa spread over the top of the avo
    1 large tub of sour cream mixed with a packet of barrito or tacco seasoning spread over the salsa
    sprinkle with tasty cheese and chopped spring onions... MMMMM

HTH

Kate
    Last edited by Jakabella; October 30th, 2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: More reciepies

Oh yeah I love corn relish dip! I make it with sour cream though?

Iguess you could? I make it with philly its thicker and creamy..

Philly (or tofutti Better than Cream Cheese if you want to go dairy free) with mango chutney on top, sprinkle with chopped coriander.

Beetroot Dip - 1 x can beetroot, 1 x carton sour cream, 1 x clove garlic. Put in blender. Blend. Serve.
    Spinach Dip - 1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach, 1/2 cup natural yoghurt, 1 clove garlic, 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts. Blend.

Heaps more posted in other dip threads...

Quote Originally Posted by AliBaby View Post
    French onion - continental packet of french onion soup mix and light sour cream mixed together (easy, yum and always a winner)
    Ohh yeah - an oldie but a goodie - now I feel like it right now!

Pretty much any packet soup will work the same way - the tomato ones are usually really good too.

DP's Beetroot hommous

Small tin of drained beetroot slices,
    1 standard size tin of chickpeas,
    1/3 cup tahini,
    couple of cloves crushed garlic,
    salt,
    loads of olive oil,
    some good squeezes of fresh lemon,
    half tsp cumin powder if you have it.

Blitz in blender, salt (be generous) and lemon to taste.

The raw garlic mellows yet strengthens once it sits for a while.

sour cream avacado french onion soup shallots tomatoes cheese

Put avacado (or sour cream ) on the bottom
    sour cream next (or avo)
    sprinkle french onion soup over the sour cream or stir it in first. thats up to you

Chop shallots tomatoes and sprinkle over the top and cover with cheese..

sooo good.. serve with sakata bikkies

you can also use a small tin of evaporated milk for some dips. any to do with a packet of soup mix generally

I love Philly with sweet chilli sauce poured over the top - yum!

I make a yummy bread dip too.

1 cobb loaf bread
    packet of spring veg soup mix
    2 rashers of bacon
    couple of spring onions, finely chopped
    600ml sour cream

Dice the bacon and fry until cooked. Mix in with sour cream, spring onion and soup mix and microwave for 1-2 min depending on how powerful your microwave is.

Slice the top of the cobb loaf off and pull out bread leaving about a 2cm thickness around the sides and bottom. Pour in the dip filling, wrap in a couple layers of alfoil and bake in the oven at 160 C for about one and a half hours.

Comes out smelling delish with a yummy, creamy texture and the bread is nice and crunchy.

i'm drooling!

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

mmmmmnnnnnnn
    I love my hawaiian Bread dip

1 cob bread
    1 tub filly
    250ml sour cream
    crushed pinapple
    100grams tripple smoked ham Shaved and then you dice it (Better flavour than bacon)
    red capsicum finely diced
    cheese to top (Melted)

Combine all ingrediants in (not cob lol) mix well
    cut the top off cob bread and scoop out insides.
    pour in mixture
    cook in oven on 180 for approx half hour to 45 minutes until mixture hot
    top with grated cheese and cook until melted

cut up top of cob and insides into small pieces and use to scoop up your yummy dip.

Cover with alfoil, take to your friends and be the most poular girl in the room

mmmmmmm delish

You can get it here but the best dip I EVER tasted is the Kiwi Staple - Onion Dip (not French Onion)

It is a can of "reduced cream" and a packet of Onion Soup Mix, copped onions and in the fridge til it sets....soooo good!

They paste it on bread with grated cheese and roll them up on the diagonal and put them in the oven for parties....

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    You can get it here but the best dip I EVER tasted is the Kiwi Staple - Onion Dip (not French Onion)

It is a can of "reduced cream" and a packet of Onion Soup Mix, copped onions and in the fridge til it sets....soooo good!

They paste it on bread with grated cheese and roll them up on the diagonal and put them in the oven for parties....
    Add a dash of lime juice and makes it even yummier. It has to be Maggi Fench onion soup though.

the beauty of dips is that it is all about personal preferences.

For instance when my mum makes corn relish dip it has to be masterfoods brand corn relish or she seriously won't eat it and we use sourcream here but will need to try philly I think.

My variation of the mexican dip is in a pie dish or something similar mix sourcream with taco seasoning. Chopped or mashed avocado put on top of that. Chop fresh tomatoes (and finely chopped red onion mixed in if you want) and grated cheese on top serve with CC's ...drool making this sat week for a party

My fave would be my mum's east indian dip. It's all to taste you need thickened cream whipped up til firm them gently stir in fruit chutney, I use rosella, and as much or little curry powder as you like. With this one though the flavour is enhanced if made 24 hrs in advance. It doesn't last long in our house.

one my Mum does is a tub of cream cheese on a plate, a small tin of crab meat (drain all the water out) on top and then lashings of sweet chili sauce.... delish!

The crab meat sounds kinda gross, but trust me it's good. I'm not a big seafood person and I think this is yum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast