Thread: Help! How to present cake pops for baby shower?

Default Help! How to present cake pops for baby shower?

I am making ABC-cube cake-pops for my co-worker's baby shower. How do I present the cake pops once they are decorated? As in: What do I put them in? I want them standing up if possible, so the deco doesn't get ruined (not sure how well the deco will set).

Any ideas? I heard of wrapping polystyrene (sp?) in giftwrap.... But where would I get polystyrene from???

Arrggghhh HELP!!!

(PS: The baby shower is tomorrow )

What about that green stuff florists use? Florist foam? You could cover it and poke them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanstar View Post
    What about that green stuff florists use? Florist foam? You could cover it and poke them in?
    That's what the cake pop book I had said to use You could cover it in a pretty crepe paper and poke the sticks through...

I do the polystyrene (sp?) wrapped in gift wrap...I get it from spotlight as they have all different sizes

Yep I've used a block from the florist before (I think it's called oasis). It only cost me a dollar and then I covered it in patterned tissue paper. Looked very pretty and the cake pops were a huge hit!

When DD had her 6th birthday party we did spooky cake pops. I used florist foam which I turned into a graveyard setting.

For a baby shower yu could do a pot plant or a gift box filled with styrafoam and tissue paper. I've seen people use glass vases with stones. You could cut foam to make it look like a cake and cover with wrapping paper and then poke the cake pops all over... You could even make a foam cake and cover with fondant to get fancy.

One of the ladies at my work makes them for us (she's a gem). She's made her own little 'pop holders'. They're basically a tissue box (or something similar) wrapped in some nice paper, and then she's punched holes in it using a skewer. She just puts the pops into the holes and because the box is reasonably deep compared to the length of the sticks (maybe half the depth) they stand up in there really well. And, she uses it over and over and over.

Where would I get the florist's foam from?

The florist?

Haha I'm so clueless!

Spotlight sells it. I think. That's where I got it from, but this was 4 years ago...

I saw some blocks in my local $2 shop last week

Yep spotlight.

Thanks heaps ladies for all your help!! Gotta love the BB community!

I ended up buying polystyrene from Spotlight and wrapped it in giftwrap that matched the colour/design of my cake pops. It looked AWESOME!

Thanks again!

what are cake pops?

Originally made from red velvet cake crumbled and cream cheese frosting mixed together to create a truffle. Shaped and stuck on a lollipop stick and dipped in chocolate melts or candy melts. Decorated etc. Bakerella made it famous about 5-6 years ago. Before that there were cake balls. I first saw it on Martha around that time and it's been huge ever since.
    Last edited by Rouge; March 23rd, 2012 at 01:13 PM.