Thread: Inspire me!

Default Inspire me!

My sister has asked me to make her a cake for her engagement party in a months time. Do you think I can think of anything... no...

So inspire me! Throw your ideas at me! I need all the help I can get!

think as in theme/design of cake or flavour?
    red velvet cake sounds nice? never had it but it looks spectacular

Ummmm I sent you one
    Hang on I will keep looking xo

what sort of theme is she having? what do the invites look like? what sort of party is it - formal sit down, ****tail or bbq? lunch or dinner? number of people attending? what flavour cake does she and her df prefer? These should all be considered when making her cake. If you let me know i might be able to help with ideas as i make special occassion cakes often.

They aren't having a theme, the invites were from kmart, but sort of a silvery colour, it will be in their backyard with a buffet style dinner, approx 30 guests. She wants a chocolate or choc marble flavoured cake.

What about one of those cupcakes stand thingy's??? With silver decorations or hearts??

If ti is kinda informal, how about a jokey kid's themed birthday cake. Like a big barbie cake where barbie is dressed in a wedding gown.

cool, i'll come back later tonight when the kids are in bed with some ideas.

Completely off the party request but I saw an amazing rainbow cake on Martha Stewarts website - looks plain and simple but amazing cut open. Could perhaps make white mud and colour the layers??

My SIL is great at cakes. For her mothers 60th she baked a normal round cake and Iced it with a chocolate ganache and then stuck kitkats all the way around the outside and then tied a ribbon around it. She the filled the top with a maltesers and Jaffas. It looked fantastic and was super easy to make.
    Just went and looked at a photo and it was actually a two layer cake. If my link has worked you can see it here. I think the picture just makes it easier to see what I mean.
    Last edited by Kazzo; February 9th, 2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: I have a bad memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_au View Post
    What about one of those cupcakes stand thingy's??? With silver decorations or hearts??
    The idea did cross my mind to something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by muminalice View Post
    If ti is kinda informal, how about a jokey kid's themed birthday cake. Like a big barbie cake where barbie is dressed in a wedding gown.
    My DH actually suggested that I make an X-box cake with a hand coming out of it and and a female figurine holding it's hand.
    Another friend of mine suggested a public toilet door with the lock saying "Engaged"

Quote Originally Posted by Mak View Post
    Completely off the party request but I saw an amazing rainbow cake on Martha Stewarts website - looks plain and simple but amazing cut open. Could perhaps make white mud and colour the layers??
    The idea did cross my mind and I think I may do something like that so that she still gets her chocolate.