Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is you Fav party food?

Default What is you Fav party food?

whats you favourite food to have/make at a party ?
    I have a xmas party coming up next saturday night and need some ideas on some yummy things to make for it ? i need something new from what i usually make and really need some ideas

these are a few of my favourites
    -piggy in a blanket (dont laugh lol might not be real special but they taste good )
    -cobloaf
    -i made this vegetable fritata cut into little cubes and i garnished them with hommus an olives they were beautiful!

Something quick & easy I make are pizza pinwheels i think they are called. They great warm or cold. It's basically sheets of puff pastry topped with pizza sauce and your favourite toppings as plain or gourmet as you like spread out on top or several different types

Then roll up, slice into 1.5cm bits, brush with egg & bake until golden - they usually disappear pretty quick the taste website has some variations on them.

Nibble platters with cheeses / cold meats / dips / olives etc

im a sucker for mini quiches!!!!!!! yummo!!
    also a good dip with some plain biscuits ( i have an awesome dip recipe if you are interested)

Ooooo that would be great RR thx hunny

Pheonix76-- ohhh thats an awsome idea! thxx!!

so excited i love cooking but i dont get to do it as much as id like with dd atm with her crawling and getting into everything these dayslol

I love having a plater with different cheese & meat!! yummooo

At DD's birthday on the weekend one thing that was gobbled up quickly was the home made chicken fingers.
    The week before the party I cut chicken fillets into bite sized strips, crumbed them, browned them in the frying pan and then popped them in the oven to cook through. I them froze them until I needed them.
    On the day of the party I just had to defrost them and warm them in the oven. I served them with garlic aoli for people to dip them in

Do you know what i have been craving the last few days Mexican Dip, you know the one with different layers mmmmmm yummy I need to make it!!!
    Funny that i am craving and i am not even pregnant!!! LOL

Alicia- yumm they sound great, thats a gd idea making a whole heap n then freeze the leftovers

nikki- lol i crave things all the time, it sux not being pregnant and having an excuse lol, i love dipss hmmmmmmmm so hungry now just made gingerbread men waiting for them to cook lol

Mini thai chicken burgers. I use turkish bread and a cookie cutter to cut out perfect sized buns, and I put lime & chili mayo on them with a tiny bit of lettuce. Soooooo yummy!

I love a good cob bread dip!
    spinach is my fav one

I love spinach and fetta filo triangles. will give recipe if you want. They always go down a treat.

chicken and mushroom vol a vents.

satay chicken kebabs

home made gualcomole with corn chips.

Yummy cheeses and biccies. This includes a brie (Jindi is good) studded with garlic and topped with thyme. Put on a dish and fill half way up brie with red wine. Bake in moderate oven for 15mins and serve with turkish bread wedges. This is truely delish!

prawns with seafood sauce or my dads fish pieces.

homemade cheesy, garlic herb pizzas.

I was going to say cob loaf -another great one that is always a hit that I do:
    Spread mashed avacado (mixed with a little lemon) over the bottom of a largish dish, then spread over a couple of tubs of sour cream, pour over a couple of jars of salsa (how hot you like it) and finally sprinkle grated cheese on the top.
    I serve with a variety of crackers, corn chips.

ooo!! yummm
    Ausgirl that dip sounds similar to the one RRaver gave me will definently have to try it thx hunn xxx

Put on a dish and fill half way up brie with red wine. Bake in moderate oven for 15mins and serve with turkish bread wedges. This is truely delish! that sounds soo goood hmmm mouths watering

smiles4u Guest

Wink

RR (Laura) i think you might have to share your dip recipe here (... hey have you tried the Aldi mini quiches, they're yum )

My fav party food would have to be the sweet side of things like good old-fashion lemon slice, jelly slice, choc ripple cake & cheesecake

.... i always take my *** Pizza Pinwheels *** when i got to parties, & are eaten without fail (guys seem to love 'em) ... they can be eaten warm or cold, can make the night before too, ... my recipe is the scone dough one, ... If you'd like i can give it to you

ooooo no i havent tried the aldi ones, ill have to pick them up next time im there, gota love aldi's

while were on the topic of slices ...my mum makes the most amazing pinaple slice, its like biscuity bottom and the top has crushed pinapple, custard powder.. ill have to get the recipe its superb!!

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

........ OMG, please you have to give us THAT pineapple slice recipe (sounds like something i would love, i'm a sucker for slices as you can tell)

Anything smoked salmon!! Even when I am not pregnant (but can't wait till I have the baby and can eat a kg of it!!). My Dad rolls up bits of smoked salmon with a mix of cream cheese and marscapone cheese, held together with a toothpick and top with fresh dill and a squeeze of lemon....

A different variation of brie/camembert is to use the whole round (not just a pie piece), top with chopped macadamia nuts...meanwhile caramalize some white suger in a pan until golden then pour on top and let it set. The cheese gets a little sweet but is still savoury and the toffee/nuts on top makes it really different.

Home made sausage rolls are always a winner.

We usually also buy some fresh chicken breast, slice thin and make our own BBQ'd kebabs...marinate in a couple of different marinades (ie mix of say honey/soy and another with say salt/pepper/five spice) and guests can either eat plain or have a satay dipping sauce.

I also love dolmades too

oh yumm im getting so hungry reading all of these suggestions

Smiles ill get it up tomorow for you hunny might have to make it this week forgot about how yummy it was untill u mentioned slices x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast